七星山 1:me 0

I’m lucky it’s not broken or fractured. Damn and I wanted to run a 10k :disappointed:

That looks fierce. I hope you mend quickly and well, and with minimum pain, and that you go on to run all the 10Ks and climb all the mountains you want.

Thanks. My 2nd day back. I’m bummed and apparently sympathy-fishing

1 Like

Well, I’d want sympathy, too, in your situation.

The board’s denizens should be rising soon. I’m hopeful they’ll cheer you up.

:slight_smile:

At least the oedema seems disappearing fast, the right picture looks much better than the left one!

What happpened? angle sprain while you try (not easy on Qixing) to run?

Give us a blow by blow…was it a slip on a wobbly stone step?

Get physio on it as soon as the swelling starts to subside, those sorts of haematoma leave the ankle as if it was set in concrete. A clean break can be easier to rehab than that sort of massive tissue trauma. (Speaking from experience here)

Fatigued from the miaopu ascent. Descent had some very steep steps. I just landed wrong and fell on my bum. It has good range of motion and is weight bearing. Torn ligament maybe. Suggestions on where to go?

Ouch. I would get some crutches if you don’t have any to keep pressure off the injury.

NTNU hospital or Taipei medical hospital or Taipei Adventist hospital. The last two are more English friendly. They accept walk ins.

Hospitals are useless for soft tissue injuries here. They’ll x-ray to confirm no break and prescribe anti-inflamms and send you to a rehab clinic with all the old ladies. I can give you a Taiwanese physio to see.

@the_bear Much appreciated. Rehab is important. I’ve got big plans (and 5" heels) that are counting on a full recovery

http://www.ajwkptc.com/a/ying-ye-shi-jian

Here’s a link to the website. Chinese only. Its near the corner of Nanjing and Guangfu, above an organics food store. Pretty standard physio but hard to find in Taiwan.

That looks like it really hurts… the bear is right, get it treated and let it heal properly.

@the_bear I went today. He ultrasounded me for almost 30 min. Pain was almost completely gone. $600. I’ll go every three days for the next month. This is a real lifesaver. Thank you so much for the referral. The doc was super patient with me and slowly spoke in Chinese the whole time. Most folks who can speak English don’t want to be bothered with my remedial level. I highly recommend this place.
Oh, and I had an angelica leaf juice at the organic grocery. Made my mouth a little numb, but a fun experience.

Good to hear, hope you get a good result. That juice looks vile mind.