110 or 220

[quote=“Dog’s_Breakfast”]
Better yet - if you really want to save power, get rid of the air-conditioner, wear shorts and a t-shirt, and plug in an electric fan. That’s what I do, and my power bills are consistently low. Even better would be to stick some 12-volt photovoltaic panels on the roof, and attach them to a bank of 12-volt batteries and power-sipping 12-volt appliances. I intend to do that, but that will wait until after I move (I’m not throwing any money into my current dumpy house). I also want to replace my currently power-hungry desktop computer with a VIA EPIA mini-itx (mini-itx.com). And while I’m on this soapbox, people should get rid of their SUV’s and overpowered cars, get a small-engined subcompact or motorbike (or bicycle?). Then we’ll be talking about some real energy savings, not symbolic miniscule amounts.

peace,
DB[/quote]

In Taiwan even with just a fan because of the humidity, its still HOT. Oh and also you’d have to get rid of games like Doom3, Far Cry, Half Life 2, etc… and get rid of GeForce 6800/Ultra/GT because they consume LOTS of power (when playing games like those the system can consume about 300 watts total…) unless they invent a very efficient GPU that can give real good framerates (to the level of 6800 Ultra) but only consume as much power as a GeForce 400MX…