2016 Costco Thread

In Costco XiZhi this morning just after opening as I thought it would be a safe time to go, how wrong I was, bedlam in the place. Anyhow, had an outfit that was too small for my daughter that I needed to return, queued up and the guy in front seemed to be taking an awful long time plus granny behind was practically standing in my shoes which wasn’t helping my mood. Turns out the guy is getting a refund on what appears to have been a salad, “appears” as all he has is the original plastic container nicely washed and dried with the original sauce container inside, also nicely washed and dried, the salad or whatever it was presumably having been eaten…A manager is involved and they move to the side so I return my stuff, throwing a few daggers at granny who is now practically climbing up my back, so close that when I was done the cashier initially ignored her as she “thought we were together”. My wife later told me she was so close as she was desperately trying to photograph what the guy was returning with her phone…sounds like a good citizen except she herself was returning what appeared to be less than half a container of almonds…

Isn’t wastefull how they dole out the condiments for the hotdogs and pizza. They crank out all the relish, onions and stuff and most of it ends up in the waste tray.
Even though it’s unsanitary, I’d be slightly tempted to recycle it. Of course I would not, but It’s really hard to imagine a frugal Chinese business throwing out all that food. I wonder is I should trust them.

1 Like

That just grinds me gear when I see people use a zip lock bag and load up on the onions.

Someone mentioned giant stuffed animals. I saw 3 giant stuffed pandas at Guandu Costco today. 53 inch size around 6600 nt.

How’s the Xizhi store in terms of available stuff? I’ve never been there, but considering it’s very close to Nangang I’d like to go there next time as it’s fairly convenient for us travelling from Yilan.

Does Costco still carry lactose free milk?

The Xizhi store is good, often less crowded than Neihu, and they often have stuff Neihu is out of. Right now they have chicken stock (organic) on sale (expires mid Jan but VERY cheap, good easy base for flavored rices, a starter for paella, hot pot etc.).

1 Like

what time and day do you normally go to the xizhi store? looking to go when it’s not as crowded.

Just saw an advertising truck inviting people to join the opening of Costco S i n j u a n g.

And they wonder why I am so confused about pinyin…

They have almond milk which says lactose free on the box. They used to have it in chocolate too, but I haven’t seen it there in months. :frowning:

It’s less busy than Neihu at ANY time. But it is of course busier on weekends. Daytime before 3:30 pm is best so as to avoid rush hour traffic on the roads there, which gets unpleasant, like anywhere.

1 Like

Anybody see the ‘Kirkland’ micro beer variety box at any of the stores? The case of 24, thanks for any input.

They brought it back a several months ago, a little different than last year, but still great. IPA, Session IPA, Pale Ale, and a Summer Ale.

They have them at the Zhongli store.

Sinjuang Costco opening January 7th, in time for the holidays:

Taipei, Dec. 20 (CNA) Costco Wholesale Taiwan announced Tuesday that it will open a branch in New Taipei’s Xinzhuang District Jan. 7.

The Xinzhuang branch will be the 13th Costco outlet in Taiwan since the big-box wholesale hypermarket operator made inroads into the country for the first time in 1997.

The new branch, which is five stories tall and has a floor area of 13,220 square meters, is located near Fu Jen University MRT station.

Wang Yu-mei (王友玫), vice general manager of Costco Taiwan’s marketing department, said the company hopes that the new branch will attract more young consumers, in addition to family consumers.

Neighbours better prepare for complete and utter chaos is Costco repeat the free breakfast opening! Good day to visit any other Costco though.

They have thick cut hickory smoked US bacon in Beitou now. It’s good.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2017 Costco Thread

Time for a 2017 Costco Thread

Thanks for the reminder @Kowtow

Please head over to the 2017 Costco thread to continue the discussion.

2 Likes