2017 World Baseball Classic

Absolutely, Lin was a standout to me. But when I saw Oh come in my heart dropped. I watched him pitch all year for the cardinals. They gave him the closer spot because he was so ridiculously good.

Hopefully they make some changes and get it together

1 Like

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhd crap.

I thought after Chiang’s leadoff double we were gonna win. We should have had Ake bunt him over to third. I know he’s a slugger but he bunted against the Netherlands, so he’s not ignorant on how to do it.

Bunting no good when you’re maximizing runs, but in this case we only needed one.

Caught most of the US and Dominica Republic game. It was frigging awesome, except for the fact that the teams I root for kept losing…

Also caught the last 4 innings of the Netherlands and Japan game. Also frigging awesome. First Extra-inning rule game in this WBC. Samurai Japan showed how to do Extra-inning rule right. Like @OysterOmelet said, when you just need 1 run in the last inning, bunting is the way to go, otherwise, no bunting.

Team Netherlands sure put up an amazing come back though. This WBC has been pretty amazing. Not giving up and turning the tide in one swift swing is what makes baseball great. Seeing both Dutch fans and Japan fans taking turn biting their nails shows how exciting international baseball can be. Oh, except for the fact that the teams I root for kept losing…

I have Japan winning it all. Their defense is the best of any team Ive seen in the tournament. They just look good as a team as a whole vs a couple of stand out players on other teams.

I’m gonna go with DR or PR.

What a come back for the USA.

Can’t wait for the USA, Puerto Rico game!!!

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/31426364/v1239609783

It’s hard to believe that the finals are all set and the USA is in it. I never would have predicted that.

Maybe if the US wins this time average Americans would start paying more attention to the games…?

US team A takes the lead over US team B.

Well, color me shocked! Again, never expected this result.

That’s wishful thinking, I’m afraid. I’m not sure how many Americans care about baseball outside the MLB. A lot of them don’t even care about the MLB much these days.

Isn’t that’s what the WBC aims to change? Even if the games can’t salvage declining American interest, perhaps it will generate more global interest to generate more revenue?

This seems like the long-term trend. I enjoyed playing baseball as a kid, but frankly, compared to sports like football and hockey, it’s kind of boring to watch. Most of the players are just standing (or sitting) around chewing their cud most of the time. It doesn’t exactly make for thrilling viewing. I guess it’s a different experience for stat-heads though.

I find the overall experience of playing basketball, soccer or hockey can be more fun than baseball because there’s less waiting around (as long as you are not benched). While watching basketball, soccer or hockey can get pretty boring.

I would think this WBC and the last World Series are enough proof that the game is more exciting than ever. Just the fact that there’s always a chance to come back before the last out, and there’s no garbage time where players just walks around the court, or allow passes.