591 Without Taiwanese Number

Hello everyone,
Does anyone know if you can register and have a 591.com.tw account without a Taiwanese number? I tried to register with my Facebook account, but to no avail. I need to move quickly, albeit short. If nothing else, I will just get a “bare-bones” phone plan, but I was wondering if it is possible.

Your friend,
GO

Why do you need to register? You just browse the site for a place to live. No need for any kind of membership.

5 Likes

You can get a fake ID number. There’s websites that generate them for you.

[Post edited by moderator–discussion of issue here: Separate ID numbering system for foreigners ]

Just realized the OP means a phone number, not an ID number.

What a waste of time that was. :grimacing:

I believe herein lies his problem. He doesn’t have a phone to call on the apartments that he’s interested in so he’s trying to sign up and communicate via the 591 site.

I suggest just going to one of the stores and picking up a cheap prepaid card. That will give you a Taiwan phone number.

1 Like

Definitely, @Yang_Gui_Zi . I found that there is no way around it. But it is okay, and you are right. :slight_smile:

I have to get it done quickly too. I am supposed to leave tomorrow morning and there is a big seminar tonight at TWBJJ.

I tried using a free calling / texting VOIP app online, and gave people my Line to return my call, but to no avail. :joy::laughing:

Sorry @the_bear, you guys got into an argument for nothing. :slight_smile:

I wanted to share this with you guys. For a newbie like me it seems like a good deal. :slight_smile:

I am going to go there right now and also I will check out the Ibon Mobile one too.

Never mind you’ll be needing a fake ID soon enough. s-l225

2 Likes

Eh having something return your call is really really hard here.

Most LINE accounts are personal and not everyone will have unlimited data…so, they’re not about to use a personal account and/or use uptheir monthly data to handle a business case.

If they did, I assume you don’t have a mobile device with data, so when you’re away from your PC, they call you, you’re not there.

Get a SIM card.

You can also walk into just about any real-estate agency and ask about rentals. They are a dime a dozen. You can find them on almost every street. Most are selling places, but they usually have a handful of rentals too.

That is helpful. Thank you. I’ll do that after I arrive to the next place
tomorrow. I am also going to stop at Chungwha Telecom and get a low cost
prepaid plan on my way to class by Dongman. I stopped at T Star, My Fone,
7-11, but Changwha seems like they have the best “bare bones” plans for
someone in my situation.

I better go now, so I can get a mantou and coke zero before class. And @Rocket, my bedtime is at 10:30 PM. :wink: