7-11 Imported Beers!

I just came from my local 7-11 and Foster’s, Murphy’s Stout, Hoegarden, and one other import (forgot which one) have been added to the menu (Boddington’s is still there)! Joy, joy, and hallelujah!

Just finished a Foster’s ($38), and am working on a Hoegarden ($65). Saving the stout for tomorrow.

Beer lovers, rejoice.

Beat me to the punch Tomas. I had some Guinness and some Murphy’s last night. Enjoy it while you can because you KNOW it won’t last.

And for the love of god, lay off the Foster’s! What’s the matter with you? :wink:

oh my … murphy’s.

and i finish my thesis defence thursday night. friday might be a wash :laughing:

Yes, that’s the other one, Guinness (apologies to my Irish ancestors). Is it the good Guinness? Hexuan?

Also Erdinger is back. And something by Suntory, called what else “Suntory Beer”.
Despite the fact that Murphy’s & Guiness Have that damn widget inside, it’s a relief to know that proper brew is now within stumbling distance of TheGingerCave.

:yay:

both guinness and murphy’s appear to have the widget, thus they should be much better than the sludge in the short cans avaliable previously.

Oh, Jesus, I was just about to go to bed too…

both guinness and murphy’s appear to have the widget, thus they should be much better than the sludge in the short cans avaliable previously.[/quote]
The problem with the short cans wasn’t the lack of widget; it was the completely different taste and strength. They were “Guinness Export”, brewed in Malaysia I think.

For me, a can is a can, and no amount of nitrogen can change that! I enjoy canned beers sometimes, but they’ll never be draught beers, no matter the amount of widgetry they contain.

Yes, Indeed! Widgetry is a most dubious affair, to be approached with great caution. Even attempting to provide that real draught experience to a home-guzzling punter is a foul endeavor.
Esp. with the Stout.

I will however, for research purposes only :wink:, be a consumer of the widgety ones. Why? Just like any other Sod, pure convenience.

Now, if they would just bring us more Czech & South German Brews… :note:
Bottles only, If You Please… :sunglasses:

i realize that they were different products. one taste was all anyone ever needed.

in terms of the widget - i’m not comparing draught to canned, but i’m saying that the cans with widget are preferential to those without. a little head on the beer is great, and at 77 NT a can it sure beats paying 200 NT for that same can …

[quote=“xtrain”]in terms of the widget - i’m not comparing draught to canned, but i’m saying that the cans with widget are preferential to those without. a little head on the beer is great, and at 77 NT a can it sure beats paying 200 NT for that same can …[/quote]The Boddington’s in the widget can is pleasant enough as canned beers go. The head is alright as long as you don’t expect the beer to taste like draught. And, as you say, the price isn’t bad.

I haven’t had widgetted Murphy’s or Guinness for years, but I’ll try them again now they’re here.

I don’t care if it’s widgeted, it’s still a thousand times better than the normal slurry available in 7-11. My wallet is empty, my fridge is full, and I’m a happy camper. Hoegaarden I can get in RT Mart (and very nice it is too, out of a bottle), but Guinness and Murphy’s? Have to go to the Breeze Center for that (a trek and a pain in the arse). I still say the best stout in Taipei is at JB’s though. That oatmeal Belhaven - lovely!

Meh, Fosters they can keep. :raspberry:

Boddington’s on promotion had some nice big glasses also.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]Boddington’s on promotion had some nice big glasses also.[/quote]Right. I got one of those. Haven’t seen them recently though.

Well, I just popped next door and found out that even down here in the sticks the 7-11s have Guinness and Murphys, so I’m prepared for my re-venture into the wonderful world of widgetry!

Oh, Jesus, and I was just about to go to bed…again.

Hey, you guys missed the most important part!
Buy 3 beers, get 21% off!
Stock up!

[quote=“Josefus”]Hey, you guys missed the most important part!
Buy 3 beers, get 21% off!
Stock up![/quote]

Oh Jesus, and I was just about to go to bed again.

Family Mart has a Buy 5, Get 1 Free deal on Taiwan Beer at the moment.

Enjoy!

Grrrrr :fume: The 7-11 in Zhuwei doesn’t have Guinness or Murphy’s or Boddington’s. Getting the 21% off was nice, but I didn’t get what I went in there for!

it’s almost worth a drive to find some then. not every taoyuan 7-11 has them either, but i’m running all over filling my fridge.

that 21% off doesn’t hurt either - 61 NT a can. :beer: