A bill from a guy who works at the building?

The other day somebody called my door. They were checking some cables outside and they wanteed to check my home interophone. I have a hanger over it and a jacket was covering it, but anyway, a button was stuck. We relased it and that was it. The guy wanted to take a picture before I “fixed” it but I ignored him.

Today the same guy (I guess) came with a bill asking me to pay 600 NT for “his search” the other day.

I pay a maintenance fee every month, and I thought that that would cover whatever issues of this kind happens.

Any ideas? I told him to talk to myu land lord.

Tell him to go fuck himself. Alternatively ask him what the bill is for, given that he didn’t fix anything. I’m assuming the stuck button was either causing the main door lock to stay open or else the intercom was constantly on so no one could use it, hopefully the former otherwise everyone outside was listening to your activities on loud speaker. Are you in a large complex or an older 5/6 story? An older building tends to have a very loose management and typically the couple of hundred NT maintenance fee covers only the very bare necessities. In a bigger community refer to the first suggestion.

Just ignore him.

I’m wondering if the building staff sent him to my flat to ask for the money because they thought it’s me the person who has to pay for it, or if they didn’t want to pay him, or if he wants to get some extra money from me.

EDIT: I think he doesn’t work here, I guess I never saw him and that he’s some electrician the building manager called.

The building staff likely sent him as he’s likely told them that you caused the issue rather than it being a maintenance or a wear and tear problem. Alternatively he’s chancing his arm.

The people who called him to fix the problem should be the ones who pay for him.

1 Like

There are situations in which a “contract” is established implicitly rather than explicitly, but I don’t see this as one of those situations.