A fight against Strava's fake riders

I, being a legitimate doctor and all that, prescribe these:

ColT PhD

3 Likes

Whatā€™s new? Please show me the misuse of Strava and consequences?

They link to the same terms of use as I did.

If you canā€™t use logic at least learn to read.

The Segment Leaderboards are a coveted and defended area on Strava and we do our best to keep them fair. Strava Users are responsible for the content uploaded to Strava.com and are also expected to contribute positively to the Strava community by following our uploading guidelines. As stated in our Terms of Use, repeated actions that donā€™t follow these guidelines can result in some action taken by Strava on the offending account.

1. Motor-Paced Activities

Motor-pacing, or drafting behind a vehicle, is considered motor-assistance. Uploading data from a motor-paced ride and categorizing the activity as a ā€œRideā€ displaces data uploaded from a human-powered bike, thus conflicting with the fairness and integrity of the Segment Leaderboards. If you choose to upload any data that was recorded while motor-pacing, please use one of the options listed below.

He didnā€™t motor pace at all, he was in a car, lol. Are you sure you read correctly? :joy:

Did you quote the positive sentence for yourself, swearing on someoneā€™s activity seem like a negative action to me. Careful, you may get banned! :joy:

Youā€™re a funny man, thought you said all you wanted to say? I guess ultimately though, have you reported the guy yet and is he banned? Seem Strava should know their own intentions best.

Just trying to understand your point of view, are you trying to say posting motorized rides in Strava is ok and that Strava is ok with that?

My view is that Strava can be used for personal purposes as long as it doesnā€™t break terms of use, which if you go through, does not make mention of this type of issue.

Is it good? Nope, and I never said that this was good. But as far as Iā€™m concerned Jesusā€™ reaction was worse than the guy uploading his drive.

Heā€™s trying to make us laugh, but heā€™s a just a sad clown. But let him explain it better.

Yeah, thatā€™s a strange point of view imoā€¦ anyway, carry on.

:crying_cat_face:

I am sad that I cannot compete for segments though thatā€™s true, so wonā€™t be seeing me fighting out with motor pacers in the top 10!

No. If I call you clown is because you say that I WANT Strava to take actions that you find exaggerated and even strange. You also pretend to be oblivious to the fact that Strava not only asks users not to do this (to upload motorized activities as public) but warns that offender accounts can be punished. Not only youā€™re wrong but are in denial when youā€™re proved wrong.

And Iā€™m stupid for explaining thisā€¦ When its pretty obvious to everyone.

:thinking:

I still want to know what theyā€™ll actually do to punish offenders

All I see is that they will automatically take you off the leader board.