Au vent mauvais
Qui m’emporte
Deçà, delà,
Pareil à la
Feuille morte.

Chansons d’automne,
Paul Verlaine[/quote]

someone just lost his french grammar…

this isnt a french expression, not in europe. maybe quebecois?!

we’d say “vas chier” in france too. vas te faire foutre/mettre is particulary rude and you’re not likely to hear it very often in france.

how about this one:
“La bave du crapaud n’atteint pas la blanche colombe” :laughing:

als jy afrikaans praat, kan jy een zin per dag skryf, dan wil ek graag een zin per dag in frans skryf :sunglasses:

als jy afrikaans praat, kan jy een zin per dag skryf, dan wil ek graag een zin per dag in frans skryf :sunglasses:[/quote]

Akoord! Een sin Afrikaans vir een sin in Fraans. Terloops, is jy van Belgie of van Nederland?

Eerste sin:
Dit is baie warm vandag.
(It’s very hot today.)

Quelle genre de conversations veux-tu apprendre?
Approcher une NA-NA dans une boite et dire qu’elle as des petits nichons mais que son derriere n’est pas si mauvais?
Inscrit-toi dans l’alliance Francaise. Beau monde…maus malheureusement… “Frogs” hehe (no offence)

Lesson 1 - Dialects included :smiley:
French for “what is up” spoken in the norther Magreb part of Paris" (in case you consider moving there one day)

“Kes Ta Toi”, ta que’chose de moi conard? This mostly ends with a broken nose or you, without your car :noway:

Baiser does not equals enculer

Baiser (making love)
Enculer ( let us call it the Greek Style) but more said in an offensive way like
Encule-toi! ( gow fuck your self from behind)
Yep, it is a difficult languague, but sooooooo romantic (= romantique) non? pfff

Il fait beau temps aujourd’hui. Nous pouvons aller au parc.
The weather is nice today. We can go to the park.

ek is Fraans maar ek het in Belgie en NL gewoon om vertaling en taalwetenshap te studeer.

[quote]Quelle genre de conversations veux-tu apprendre?
Approcher une NA-NA dans une boite et dire qu’elle as des petits nichons mais que son derriere n’est pas si mauvais?
Inscrit-toi dans l’alliance Francaise. Beau monde…maus malheureusement… “Frogs” hehe (no offence)

Lesson 1 - Dialects included
French for “what is up” spoken in the norther Magreb part of Paris" (in case you consider moving there one day)

“Kes Ta Toi”, ta que’chose de moi conard? This mostly ends with a broken nose or you, without your car[/quote]

t’as l’air malin d’ecrire ce genre de trucs… peut-etre seras-tu assez intelligent pour t’excuser?

[quote=“5566”][quote]Quelle genre de conversations veux-tu apprendre?

Lesson 1 - Dialects included

“Kes Ta Toi”, ta que’chose de moi conard? This mostly ends with a broken nose or you, without your car[/quote]

t’as l’air malin d’ecrire ce genre de trucs… peut-etre seras-tu assez intelligent pour t’excuser?[/quote]

Non, je ne regrette rien (Edith piaf) car je suis eleve (putain d’accents aigues qui manquent) dans les banlieus… t’as un problem avec ca fieux ?

OEps, translation (traduction)
5566 asked me to appologize for my suburban input , but I replied: "No, I do not regret (which is a very famous song of Edith Piaf somewher in the late fifties). I replied that I lived in the “hood” and asked "do you have a problem with that “pal” ?
HEHE, more than 1 sentence a-day no?

your stereotypes are shocking and your words have a very deep racist connotation.

and some wonder why i’m not keen on expats pub nights…

from the way he spells french, especially the ‘f’ in vieux instead of ‘v’, i suppose he is from belgium. that’d explain all :smiley:

5566, before you start judging, you should read my replies on the riots in Paris in other posts. Until then, you give me the benefit of the doubt “looser”.(as you call me otherwise ) I have friends from Algeria, Morocco etc, so do not start the “racist” thing no?
Apologies if you are from the Maghreb countries and feels targeted, but I see NO FUCKING WRONG POINT making a parody on how the French Maghreb kids “chat”. There is even a movie made about a gang of punks in which the “French” spoken language is fully raped, like the boyz in the hood did in "da’ Bronx. That was my sole point OK?
So, no need for any other complaints or apology requests…

Next time i 'll take les Bretons ou les p’tit vieux de la Prov"a"nce as example, avoiding rather non-relevant remarks from your side…

Merde, je perds mon temps même répondre a une remarque stupide comme la tienne…
Paix.

oyyyy :fume:

nothing wrong with beligians,ok! :wink:

just chill guys,the bitching is useless :rainbow:

ouais, t’as raison. de toute facon, il est relou l’autre.

by that, i meant his BAD french :laughing: i’d say 6th grade at best :raspberry: nothing wrong with belgium indeed.

Avez-vous fini de vous pogner au cheveux? Maudit niaiseux! :wink:

[quote]
by that, i meant his BAD french :laughing: i’d say 6th grade at best .[/quote]

Complaining about someone’s poor french is bad form indeed. In fact, I think it was one of the primary causes of WWI. All those snooty cabbage-faced diplomats sniping off about whose conjugation was the most precise. A Francophile complaining about another’s franco-abilities is like an Englishman complaining about his compatriot’s poor dental hygiene. An obvious vulgarity.

Don’t get me wrong. I have a deep appreciation of the literary and social contributions of the French language. However, there’s a sort of pompous chauvinism given off by many of the francophile that the world owes them something. And if there’s ever a nation beside the Germans that need a better sense of humor about themselves, then surely it must be la francophonie.

Ouch.

i think i have the right to complain about his poor french in the context of this thread where O.P. is asking people to “teach” him french expressions and sentences. what ceevee wrote is both absurd and incorrect (i’ll pass the racist part of the magrehbian kids that beat you up to steal your car). and that’s from someone who pretends he wants to “teach” others french. period.

any other pompous theories maybe?