A French phrase a day

i didnt say that i am, i DID however say your french sucks… reason why you are posting all those aberrations now. pretty funny, hey!

so, imaniou is there in front of his/her keyboard trying to find the most painful and insulting argument he/she can think of… pretty lame. i know those words come from someone whose country reminds me of the end of the weimar republic, honestly, i sympathize.

a bon entendeur…[/quote]

Painful and insulting? Hardly. I’m simply inputing my own experiences with Anglophonic French learners. Most can heardly pronounce the language right and the only thing that know pretty well is how to say “merde”. Hell, I learned through research that even those on the cusp of earning a degree in French can’t even get the uvular ‘r’ right which in turn affects the way they pronounce certain vowels. But being a French speaker, you know this, right?

and others can’t even write their own language right…

and others can’t even write their own language right…[/quote]

You mean, “correctly”. But that would be a typo, not a misspelling. I often rest my fingers on the top row as if I were poised to play the piano, instead of the home row like you’re supposed to when typing. Nice try, though. An ‘A’ for effort.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]Might I suggest that each person explain their phrase, for the benefit of learners? Thanks much! :notworthy:[/quote]That’s true. Apologies in order to the OP for being rude. :blush:

If you post phrases you would like to learn in the other thread, I will translate them for you.

what an hypocrit you are,wasn’t it you who was crying out loud because “minorities are given a raw deal in the US,i know coz i’m black so all you whitey’s can fuck off…”

there’s a good french song:l’opportuniste

you ought to learn it,because it seems you’re a pro at “retourner ta veste”

as for your “dodo” argument…puhhhhhhleeeezzzz :unamused:

blindfrog, BINGO!!! :wink:

what an hypocrit you are,wasn’t it you who was crying out loud because “minorities are given a raw deal in the US,i know because i’m black so all you whitey’s can fuck off…”[/quote]

Uh, no, it wasn’t. But I will give you a cookie for this attempt. You can give a chunk to 5566 for his ever-so-enthusiastic, if not independent or innovative, way of agreeing with you.

:secret: . o O (Psst…by the way, it’s spelled H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E . )

well, you got the gist of the meaning,that’s a start…

digging months old threads,ur bored?

I clicked on this thread so I could learn my one French phrase a day, dammit.

Ou est mon phrase francais quotidien? Ou? Je demande OU???

Do I see une phrase francais chaque jour? Non. Seulement a bunch de personnes qui argue.

Here’s my contribution: Ah zut! Mon cafe est froid! (Pronounced as AH ZUT! MOAN KA-FEI EH FUAH!)
Translation: Oh dear! My coffee is cold!

Oui, mon francais est awful, that’s why I need this thread. So can we get rid of the nasties and continuer le topique?

Merci beaucoup,
Neuf-un-quatre

You might have better luck in this thread, neuf-un(e)-quatre:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … highlight=

I thought that cette stupide conversation was fini, mais, it seems that some gens do want to flush this thread. Continue having fun kids!

je vous embrasse tous xxx

A room mate once said merci buckets instead of merci beaucoup to a francophone. The francophone took on a serious attempt to correct her french. Non, c’est merci beau coup.!