Adresses For Business Registration

I need to register my business at a different address.

The cheapest business centre I’ve found so far costs NT$8,000 for the first month and NT5,000 per month thereon, for a minimum of a year.

I’ve heard that a local accountant would let me register the business there for about NT$3,000 per month. Anyone know about this, or anything else I might try?

Cheers!

What is the price at Enspyre? Did you try them? http://www.enspyre.com/EN/index.htm

Enspyre won’t/can’t give you an address for registering your business. You can use their address as your ‘business’ address, but the business still needs to be offically registered elsewhere. According to Elias (the boss), it’s the agreement they signed with their landlord, and it’s not one of the services they offer. I’m in the same predicament and have asked around.

The best I can find is an accounting firm called Universal Law CPA Group. Quite a few foreigners know and use them. They charge about $4000/month for an address, though you have to pay a full year up-front. The boss, Ann Hu, speaks good English. Tel: 2381-1022

So Enspyre could offer it…they need to move to a place where they can do that. That is an important service.

[quote=“mark western”]Enspyre won’t/can’t give you an address for registering your business. You can use their address as your ‘business’ address, but the business still needs to be offically registered elsewhere. According to Elias (the boss), it’s the agreement they signed with their landlord, and it’s not one of the services they offer. I’m in the same predicament and have asked around.

The best I can find is an accounting firm called Universal Law CPA Group. Quite a few foreigners know and use them. They charge about $4000/month for an address, though you have to pay a full year up-front. The boss, Ann Hu, speaks good English. Tel: 2381-1022[/quote]

Do they offer phone service or only mailbox service?

[quote=“mark western”]Enspyre won’t/can’t give you an address for registering your business. You can use their address as your ‘business’ address, but the business still needs to be offically registered elsewhere. According to Elias (the boss), it’s the agreement they signed with their landlord, and it’s not one of the services they offer. I’m in the same predicament and have asked around.

The best I can find is an accounting firm called Universal Law CPA Group. Quite a few foreigners know and use them. They charge about $4000/month for an address, though you have to pay a full year up-front. The boss, Ann Hu, speaks good English. Tel: 2381-1022[/quote]

Interesting. I have used Ann Hu for a year now. Excellent service. I pay her for the montly accounting fee and the rent for the official business address. In my opinion, worth it … at least for the simple setup I have.

I also started talking with Enspyre. Impressed with their services, but would also want to consolidate the official business address with the answering/telemarketing services Enspyre offers. IMHO, I think Elias needs to consider that.

Although Ann is an excellent accountant, $4000 is a bit steep for no other service than to fulfill the leagl business address requirement. (Note, from what she told me, this $4000 is not soley profit for her, as property taxes increase per business placed on an address.) I would be interested in any service that could bundle the following … and of course I would be willing to pay somewhat more than $4000 for it:

1. collect my mail.
  2. provide live answering service.
  3. be the official business address.
  4. offer on-demand business center services (like conference room)
  5. offer on-demand telemarketing services

As it stands now, Elias and Ann provide only half the story. I would always need Ann for the accounting, but I’d like to consolidate the “office” part all under one service.

Interesting. I have used Ann Hu for a year now. Excellent service. I pay her for the montly accounting fee and the rent for the official business address. In my opinion, worth it … at least for the simple setup I have.

I also started talking with Enspyre. Impressed with their services, but would also want to consolidate the official business address with the answering/telemarketing services Enspyre offers. IMHO, I think Elias needs to consider that.

Although Ann is an excellent accountant, $4000 is a bit steep for no other service than to fulfill the leagl business address requirement. (Note, from what she told me, this $4000 is not soley profit for her, as property taxes increase per business placed on an address.) I would be interested in any service that could bundle the following … and of course I would be willing to pay somewhat more than $4000 for it:

1. collect my mail.
  2. provide live answering service.
  3. be the official business address.
  4. offer on-demand business center services (like conference room)
  5. offer on-demand telemarketing services

As it stands now, Elias and Ann provide only half the story. I would always need Ann for the accounting, but I’d like to consolidate the “office” part all under one service.

Hi !

May I ask you a question? Is this service also suitable for Sole Propietorships, or reserved to Limited Companies?

Sincerely

Hi !

May I ask you a question? Is this service also suitable for Sole Propietorships, or reserved to Limited Companies?

Sincerely[/quote]

I honestly don’t know. If you need to set soemthing up legally, I assume Ann can help you. She is unlike most Taiwanese accountants. She looks like she care about you as a client. She spends time to educate you. She does not try to rush things if you look like you are unsure or don’t understand. She will sit you down in her confernece room with the whiteboard and help you understand the process for whatever you want to do. In this regard, I have found no other like Ann and her crew.

Yes, I’m sure she’s a very kind person, but my problem is quite different from yours, you’re in Taiwan and I’m not. So I don’t really know how I could pay her a visit.

I’m in the same situation as what it was in february, as my ex-girl-friend-now-just-friend wanted me to come there and I finally stayed in Europe: I can go to Taiwan, but I must be sure, before I leave, of what I can do or not once there or else I perhaps should start a business elsewhere. Can’t afford holidays and, wherever I go, it will be a one-way only, I won’t come back in Europe.

that sounds like a hard start on a business. Off topic, but better get your personal life sorted first.

Well, it will be a hard start wherever I go, even if I go to UK. And, anyway, I’m just looking for infos for the moment. See, what I’m trying to know is if there’s similar services in Taiwan

http://www.cheungandsiu.com/index.htm
http://www.chandler.com.hk

The first one claims to have office in Taiwan, will have to check if they propose the same services there, or if it’s just a local office for taiwanese who want to set up a business in HK.

Hi H74,

Regarding setting up a business in Taiwan I would say it is really simple. I can refer you to several great lawyers and accountants that could help you get things set up. I want to chime in and say that Ann Hu really would be a good person to turn to. It doesn’t matter if you are a one-person band or a bigger corp, she can help you get set up.

Give her a ring, might make you feel better…

If there is anything you would like to discuss about starting a business in Taiwan from a foreigners perspective give me a ring. I am in the office more than I care to think of so I am quite reachable.

Take care,
Elias

Enspyre
6F-1 No. 171 Nan-jing East Road Sec. 4
Taipei, Taiwan
Phone: +886-(0)2-8712-1721
Fax: +886-(0)2-8712-1704
elias@enspyre.com
www.enspyre.com

Does Universal Law have a website? Does Ann Hu have an e-mail address? Has anybody recently been working with her and can give me some insight?

I’m amazed that this kind of service isn’t readily available in Taiwan, Land of Small Business. There are so many so-called ‘virtual offices’ in the UK that it’s hard to choose between them and there’s quite a bit of competition.

I thought about trying to get a small virtual office service set up here but assumed that Enspyre had it covered and didn’t think it worth competing in an already limited market. Back in the UK we had spikes of very busy periods and sometimes days of inactivity. Since I had to pay the admin staff even if they didn’t have much to do it wasn’t very inefficient and the staff often got bored at slow times. Being a telecomms company we already had all the gear to handle complex phone routing and started selling monthly phone answering/mail handling accounts - within a very short time my entire office and staff were being paid for by other companies, in a roundabout way.

The point of this story is that given the amount of time many Taiwanese staff spend arsing around on MSN, why isn’t anyone doing this here?

PS - I’m going to chime in with my usual controversial viewpoint that if you speak Chinese, you do not need a lawyer or CPA to set up business. Once you get past the language barrier, Taiwan is a very easy place to set up shop. If you go to MOEA and look at the actual steps required for business applications you’ll see that many people are paying through the nose for every basic single-page form filled in on their behalf.

I need a CPA for monthly/yearly accounting. We’re set up already.

How about Joseph Ni?

Yes, see my question above. That’s why I’ve revived this thread.

Joseph Ni has banner ads on f.com.