Advice on diploma and other required documents

Hello,

I am currently in a predicament and looking for advice. I am looking to teach in Taiwan. Unfortunately, I’m waiting on my diploma to arrive in order to proceed further. I’m confused as to what documents I need and if my documents need to be notarized or apostilled. I have read countless threads and articles pertaining to the kind of documents I need. Each article or thread contradict one another and add to my confusion.

1. Does my diploma need to be notarized or apostilled?
  2. Does the FBI background check need to be apostilled or certified in order to receive a work permit?
  3. My diploma isn’t supposed to arrive until late August; will I be able to find a job after the highering season?
  4. Should I look for a job prior to coming or once I arrive?
  5. Could someone give me a rundown on the documents I need in order to process an Arc and work permit?

Thank you

1. Your diploma is needed, but more crucial, you’ll need you school transcriptsstating that you graduated with said degree.
  2. Your FBI background check can be done thru AccurateBiometrics or Buschue. They’ll be certified when sent to your address, and also offer online copies if needed.
  3. Your transcripts are more important. When looking for a job and contacting a Recruiter, ask which they’ll need, or both.
  4. Look before you come. Trust me, it’ll be better. I’m 1 week out from flying over now, and I’m glad I got the job first.
  5. All crucial documents will be requested by the entity hiring you. Passport, transcripts, reference letters, license, etc. They’ll let you know what you need.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

1 Like

Thanks so much for the info. I actually used AccurateBiometrics to get my FBI background check. So you’re saying that it’s already certified and I don’t need to do anything further? I have interviewed for several jobs and all of the schools wanted me in Taiwan already. I have tried going through some recruiters, but they all require an uploaded copy of my diploma, which I don’t have yet. Also, what factor does GPA play in acquiring a job? My GPA is definitely not the greatest so that slightly worries me.

Thanks again

A Diploma? I thought the minimum requirement was an Associate’s. Do you mean your testamur?

Yes

For a masters degree or doctorate, be sure to bring copies of your thesis / dissertation. This is often required when applying for university jobs.

Any FBI check you get from a reputable source will be certified, so yea, you’re covered on that.
As for the diploma, if you explain the situation and provide your transcripts, you should be okay to get it to them late.
OR, if you have a reference from the department you graduated from, you can tell your recruiter to contact them and verify if they like.
And i have no idea what factor your GPA has on getting a job, sorry :c