Aeon Scooters

I hear you. But what if it’s noisy on day one?

I’d still say it’s the clutch spring. I forgot to ask you where you think you hear the noise, like if it’s in the middle (around the engine)
or the back (near the rear wheel). I’m going to take a guess that it’s by the rear wheel. Also, can you feel the clutch slipping? You’ll
know if it is when you’re applying hard throttle and you can hear and feel from the rear wheel that something is slipping instead of
grabbing. I can’t say that I’m a master about scooter transmissions, but I’ve learned enough in taking mine apart a few times trying to
deal with the same issue. My 250cc engine is too powerful for the stock clutch spring after I’ve changed it and rode my scooter for
more than a few hundred KMs. It’s very unlikely to be the engine side of the transmission, as that part of the transmission is usually
more than strong enough to deal with the power of the engine. Other than the clutch spring, it could be one or more of the clutch
pad springs that are the problem. They too may not be strong enough and so the clutch will make noise when the engine is at idle
speeds, as the springs are not holding the pads away from the clutch bell as they should be when the engine is at idle.

In any event, just take it in to the warranty shop, not where you bought it, and tell them the problem. If possible while you are there
have them take it out for a ride, tell them to really push it and not ride it like grandma. The shop mechanic should right away know
what’s going on after a good ride.

Thanks for your help John. I’m a big advocate of the “hard break-in” method. So I ran the shit out of the scoot the first time I got on it. So if some components weren’t up to snuff…then it makes sense that I’d know very early on.

How is the Aeon scooter running? I was looking at the Co In 125cc, looks like the Yamaha C3 back in the US. I like the 2 year warranty, Honda here is 6 months, SYM is 3 months, so Aeon is getting a close look.

Power? The website says Aeon 12ps, SYM Combiz 125 says 9.8

Anything break or fall off?

Thanks

John

[quote=“Johnhk39”]How is the Aeon scooter running? I was looking at the Co In 125cc, looks like the Yamaha C3 back in the US. I like the 2 year warranty, Honda here is 6 months, SYM is 3 months, so Aeon is getting a close look.

Power? The website says Aeon 12ps, SYM Combiz 125 says 9.8

Anything break or fall off?

Thanks

John[/quote]

I have about 6000km on it now…which isn’t much. I find it very comparable to my more expensive Yamaha Cygnus 125…but better in almost every way (The Aeon is better). Actually…the Yamaha is quieter and more…smooth…bit more refined. The Aeon is more responsive…which is good in traffic and less good on the country roads. But considering that the Aeon is much cheaper and much faster…it’s the winner.

And nothing has broken on it yet.

[quote=“Mordeth”]
I have about 6000km on it now…which isn’t much. I find it very comparable to my more expensive Yamaha Cygnus 125…but better in almost every way (The Aeon is better). Actually…the Yamaha is quieter and more…smooth…bit more refined. The Aeon is more responsive…which is good in traffic and less good on the country roads. But considering that the Aeon is much cheaper and much faster…it’s the winner.

And nothing has broken on it yet.[/quote]

I have the 250 Elite and agree your meaning. Also the Aeon Shop at Taoyuan is very good.
Ralf

for what its worth our kymco jockey that is about 15+ years old and nearing 200k still has original engine. I abuse the shit out of that thing and we have not had a single major repair on it ever other than the usual tires/brakes/wires/battery etc. the new jockey 2 i tried out just felt cheap and light in comparison though. but now it is getting pretty weak accelerating/going up hills with weight.

I have aeon OZ150 2013. Before and after i bought it, i was wondering since few people ride it. But, now i can recommend it to everyone. Now, i am planning to buy aeon 300cc soon

Unless something changes I’ll probably buy a 2nd OZ150 next year.

Unless something changes I’ll probably buy a 2nd OZ150 next year.[/quote]

Let me know when you decide to buy it. On that time, maybe I will be considering to buy another new one. :pray:

I’m interested in the 300i as well. Can’t seem to find any reviews. Nice looking scoot. Slim form.

So the OZs while nimble seem to need clutch work pretty regularly. I’d advise against getting one. The Aeon ES is rock solid. And I’ve been using it for over a year now.

@mordeth
Is the ES also a 150?
How would you compare it to your OZ.
There’s a heavily modified OZ 150 (2013) selling for 25k and im looking at it pretty seriously. It does have e 30+k on it. But looks in great shape
A d with exhaust, front and rear upgraded shocks and frendo’s on the front, looks like a steal. Advice e?

Ask if about the engine. They need a rebuild at about 30k. So if it hasn’t had one…it will need one soon. And that costs about 10-12k. But then you have a scooter with a newish engine for only 36k.