✈ Air Travel | General Discussion, Random News etc

Well u did hear lotta canto, but many more Chinese accents from Chinese tourists.

1 Like

Not sure I’m ready for that yet.

Like Canada, Taiwan remains on the “no go” list for Chinese outbound group tours.

Guy

1 Like

yeah, not going to happen anytime soon

Might be sooner than you think, or would like! 陸委會宣布規劃「開放中國團客來台」初期每日限額2千人次 - 政治 - 自由時報電子報 (ltn.com.tw)

1 Like

According to that Liberty Times piece, the implementation of resuming such tourist movement will be determined after the PRC side responds. So far during the Tsai presidency, their way of doing things has been to . . . not respond. It’d be a seriously interesting ninja move if they change their stripes now. Based on everything we’ve seen so far, though, this kind of diplomatic creativity looks unlikely before the election in January.

Prove me wrong, Beijing! :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

No it was the busiest international air route for a very long time until covid.

I actually visited Hong Kong last month for the very first time after like forever and I flew this airline because it was the cheapest. The return flight got delayed for 6 HOURS and I was furious.

I’ve never liked HK and now even less. Central is like Manhattan and everywhere else is like an even more run-down and crowded version of Taipei. The malls feel like they are stuck in the naughties and the service people were so low effort and so rude. I also saw like almost no foreign faces which was shocking because when I visited years ago I remember lots of foreign tourists. There are more of those in Taipei.

1 Like

And I used to love Hong Kong but I really have no desire to go back anymore.

2 Likes

interesting data, flights in July on most routes very full
United (america) Airlines 99.9% on flights to SFO in JULY
KLM (Imperial Dutch Air) 25% on flights to BangKok
China Air 88% to London Heathrow

https://www.caa.gov.tw/article.aspx?a=1752&lang=1
see JULY data

I’m the 0.01%. Missed my flight due to Friday evening traffic around Tiding Blvd.

1 Like