Airsofting

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone had any information on local airsoft groups. It was a favorite hobby of mine back in the States and it’s apparently fairly popular here, but I don’t really know how to break in. Anyone know of a Taipei area club, playing field, that sort of thing?

Thanks,

Andrew

Not sure what airsoft is. Is it playing with bb guns? If so, there’s a shop on Hsinhai Rd very near the intersection with Hsinlong Rd that sells all sorts of cammo gear and all sorts of guns – assault rifles, sniper rifles, handguns, machine guns, etc. – that look extremely real.

I think you’ll find that’s the army barracks, Sandman. Now you know why they chucked you out.

It’s basically paintball, but with more realistic gear that shoots small plastic BBs. Pretty fun stuff, lots of interesting people and a bit more high class (if that’s the phrase) than the paintball games I’m used to…

Its pretty crap compared to back home. No senarios, no objectives, no organisation. Every game is the most basic two teams, go till everyone from one team is out, and afterwards there is no way really to see who won unless it’s blatantly obvious! The only advantage is gear is cheap here and as games are played on abandoned (building) sites, its free!

Just go along to any shop. Most ppl play for their local shop’s ‘team’. Springs tend to be set at 120, though as there is no organisation, there are no rules!

I’ve dialed it way back for the summer, but play with a nice bunch of mostly local guys. Feel free to pm me.

I guess that doesn’t really surprise me… There’s no reason to suspect airsoft would be an island of organization and sophistication, now that I think about it.

I’ll pm you sometime this fall, maybe; I’d still like to see what it’s like, especially if you’ve found a good group.

Anyone interested in playing airsoft, a little like paintball but much better?I join a group of T aiwanese every Sunday in Neihu or Shulin, it’s fun and good exercise.
Anyone interested pm me
PSiI’m an expat here, so you will have a fellow English speaker to team up with

[quote=“glockmeister”]Anyone interested in playing airsoft, a little like paintball but much better?I join a group of T aiwanese every Sunday in Neihu or Shulin, it’s fun and good exercise.
Anyone interested pm me
PSiI’m an expat here, so you will have a fellow English speaker to team up with[/quote]

hi glock,
when back in my country i played airsoft with my friends, and i would love to join. Yesterday night, i went to airsoftgun store at TMS in order to ask them about the airsoft club here, but the staffs cannt speak english. I wish i can find someone who could help me to get that information. do you have any idea bout a club that i can join and play?

Hi guys,
where can i find airsoft club/group? may i join yours?
I haven’t bought gun yet, but i want to make sure there is a club that i can join and play together.

Hello, anyone here playing wargame with bb gun every week?
I know that a lot of Taiwanese are mad of this game but I can’t find any friend in Taiwan playing this wargame.

[color=#008000]EDIT: on the assumption you mean airsofting, I have merged this into the airsofting thread in the Sports section. --DB, Moderator[/color]

BB guns shoot small metal balls. I think you mean the ones with small gelatin capsules filled with paint (paint pellets). Right?

Here’s a thread on airsofting, which is apparently similar: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … &p=1153676

and here’s something on paintball supplies:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 25&t=81194

Paintball: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 72#p656772

you can check out arms-cool.net
Taiwanese airsoft forum. But its all in chinese.

Depending on where you are, there should be local teams sponsored by shops around.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]BB guns shoot small metal balls. I think you mean the ones with small gelatin capsules filled with paint (paint pellets). Right?

Here’s a thread on airsofting, which is apparently similar: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … &p=1153676

and here’s something on paintball supplies:
forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 25&t=81194

Paintball: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … 72#p656772[/quote]

I guess he means Airsoft, which uses plastic bullets of the same size as the BB you refer to. Distinct from paintball I believe. There are for sure quite a few (mostly young, male, nerdy) people in TW playing war with those Airsoft thingies. I would suggest going to some of the shops and ask around. One shop I remember seeing is near Shilin nightmarket. I went in once to ask if the decoration in their window (MG42) was for sale, but unfortunately they didn’t want to part with it. Would have looked nice over the fireplace, crossed with a longsword…

The shop is somewhere around the point in the map below. I couldn’t locate it with street view, but it has been there for years… Basically, it’s near Jiantan MRT station, on Wenlin Street, on the side that the MRT station is on. Just go out the MRT, turnm right, and look at the shops on the right side. It should be a few hundred meters along that road.

[googlemaps]25.087294,121.525907[/googlemaps]

That Shilin shop is where I buy my guns. There is also an airsoft shop on the ground floor of the big computer market building in Zhongxiao Xinsheng.

If you find any good public games, let us know, I’ve also been looking for a while!

[quote=“monokuro”]That Shilin shop is where I buy my guns. There is also an airsoft shop on the ground floor of the big computer market building in Zhongxiao Xinsheng.

If you find any good public games, let us know, I’ve also been looking for a while![/quote]

Hi monokuro, who and where you play with? Btw where you from?

Hey :slight_smile: I don’t play in Taiwan as I’ve never found somewhere to do it! I just bought the guns here.

Only play in Bangkok - but now I’ve moved back here I’d like to take it up again.

I’m from England.

Ok… so this Airsoft hobby/sport caught my attention… i live in Hsinchu, i am from Colombia and i am into adrenaline kind of sports… most of them related to engine things… bikes, jeeps, drifting and so on… but i have to admit that this looks nice !!!
I have a few questions:

1. what kind of gear is required to play this safely? (besides the gun…)
  2. what are the common guns used here in Taiwan… i mean is everyone into machine guns or semi-automatic weapons or rifles what?
  3. anyone currently in a team/group playing from time to time?
  4. what is the average cost to get into the sport?

I would really appreciate some info about this!!!

actually i used to know some Taiwanese guy who played war games with BB guns… i think Hsinchu has the biggest team in Taiwan and they compete in some mountains and forests that are very big… but i have no idea if that is BB’s or airsoft…

1 Like

[quote=“omerojs”]Ok… so this Airsoft hobby/sport caught my attention… i live in Xinzhu, I am from Colombia and I am into adrenaline kind of sports… most of them related to engine things… bikes, jeeps, drifting and so on… but I have to admit that this looks nice !!!
I have a few questions:

1. what kind of gear is required to play this safely? (besides the gun…)
  2. what are the common guns used here in Taiwan… I mean is everyone into machine guns or semi-automatic weapons or rifles what?
  3. anyone currently in a team/group playing from time to time?
  4. what is the average cost to get into the sport?

I would really appreciate some info about this!!!

actually i used to know some Taiwanese guy who played war games with BB guns… I think Xinzhu has the biggest team in Taiwan and they compete in some mountains and forests that are very big… but I have no idea if that is BB’s or airsoft…[/quote]

I might be able to answer a few of these questions from past experience in the industry.

1. I think the basic would be a shatter-proof full face mask to prevent any facial injuries. There are many different types on the market these days that would do the trick.
  2. Over the past few years, Airsoft industry in Taiwan has bloomed, so now besides the Japanese brands, you have many Taiwanese and also Chinese made guns to choose from. I don’t think there’s a distinction between Semi / Machine guns. Unless you’re talking about SAWs and such.
  3. Can’t help you there.
  4. Average cost has gone down since the Taiwanese / Chinese have been in the manufacturing side. A nice entry level weapon starts from 4000nt /5000 and up. Add more for gear such as vests and etc.

Thx for the info!!! i suppose i will wait for someone around here to comment if they have a group that plays… I will look around for a shop and maybe by a nice entry level weapon to shoot for fun…

Hello, maybe if you find a group to play with, you can share it here with us. Go around and ask the gun shop they should have weekly event to play with. Thx