AIT Employee Dumps Mom in Hospital for 5 Years

We should totes ask EVA to change its name to Air Taiwan…that’d piss a whole lot of people off big time.

1 Like

There once was Taiwan Airways, which merged to form UNI Air, which is now a part of EVA.

“UNI Air (Chinese: 立榮航空; pinyin: Lìróng Hángkōng; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: Lïp-êng Háng-khong) is an regional airline based in Zhongshan, Taipei, Taiwan.[1][2] It is a domestic and regional subsidiary of EVA Air. It was known as Makung Airlines (馬公航空) until 1996, when EVA Air took a majority share of the airline. In 1998, the airline merged with Great China Airlines (大華航空) and Taiwan Airways (臺灣航空), which EVA Air also had interests in, to form UNI Airways (UNI Air).”

1 Like

EVA is not the national carrier, because it’s private (notwithstanding the fact that some minor player called Taiwan Air was once upon a time absorbed into it).

China Air needs to change its name to something more appropriate for Taiwan.

Perhaps Chinese Taipei Airlines?

Taiwair!

1 Like

This sounds more like a brand of fashion apparel for Tai Ke. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Tair

It sounds more like a way to spread the gospel of 儿化. :2cents:

Air Dodo?

Taiwan On! And all alcoholic beverages are free!

嘟嘟航空. Like that DuDu Tourist Train they used to have in Kaohsiung. All planes would be painted brown, of course. And their logo would be one of those piles of poo the locals think are so cute.

1 Like

Tai Oh
Tai Ba
Tai Loh

My vote is for, Chinese Taipei Airlines.

I think the pilots on that airline have enough challenges already:

Guy

Taiwan may be a country but is definitely not a nation. (like I or anyone else can clearly explain their difference)

1 Like

Ha ha. I think that happens to ALL airlines around the world. See it with N. American airlines, too. Probably the worst is eastern Europe/Russian. :beers:

For me, the essential things are basic rights and self-government. Taiwan has those. For me, those are enough.