American burns passport to stay in Taiwan as 'doomsday' approacheth

I know some swamps in Longtan that could do with an investor.

[quote=“zender”]Sad. Yes. I feel sorry for him, his wife and his kids. I wonder what passages he read that made him think Taiwan was the place to be.

More than 40 per cent of Americans believe Jesus Christ will return to Earth by 2050, according to a poll.

telegraph.co.uk/news/religio … icans.html

I find this hard to believe, but it seems like they run these polls and keep getting about the same numbers.

The article begins, “Americans are largely optimistic about the future,” :neutral:

I think I’m optimistic about the future, but I think we’re more likely to be hit by an asteroid.

• 41 per cent say Jesus Christ will return within the next 40 years while 46 per cent say this will definitely or probably not happen.

• 31 per cent expect the planet will be struck by an asteroid.[/quote]

Just name every asteroid Jesus Christ.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

A: Look!

B: Jesus Christ!

So if you burn your passport, they can’t deport you…? Is this detail in the Book of Revelation too?

The first thought that came to my mind was that local Christian guy who jumped into the lions’ den at the zoo a few years ago. (You know, like Daniel.) But Taiwan has never scored very high on the Jerusalem Syndrome…

[quote=“skoster”][quote]
More than 40 per cent of Americans believe Jesus Christ will return to Earth by 2050, according to a poll. [/quote][/quote]
How convenient! :unamused:

I remember when they were convinced Jesus would return in 2000.

Instead of concluding “All this ‘second coming’ stuff is garbage”, like a rational person would, they just shift the goalposts. Dumbasses.

[quote=“Chris”][quote=“skoster”][quote]
More than 40 per cent of Americans believe Jesus Christ will return to Earth by 2050, according to a poll. [/quote][/quote]
How convenient! :unamused:

I remember when they were convinced Jesus would return in 2000.

Instead of concluding “All this ‘second coming’ stuff is garbage”, like a rational person would, they just shift the goalposts. Dumbasses.[/quote]

Being a (non-practicing) Jew, I’m still waiting for the first coming. :whistle: But hey I’m not picky, I’ll take an asteroid, comet, or even a really well thrown stone! :thumbsup:

[quote]The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight. . . .[/quote]–William Butler Yeats, “The Second Coming”

But if you’re walking home alone, don’t let it bring you down.

Classic case of brutal reality meets gone native jerk. :bravo:

I’m sure he is going to have to be taken onto the plane in cuffs.

What was the outcome of this guy’s case? Googling for the terms kyle taiwan doomsday didn’t not yield an update article, or indeed the original article which probably just means my Googling skills suck. Help a curious pleb out!

He ascended in the Great Betelnut Rapture of 2013.

Heh. Link?