Flag Football

There’s a group of guys who set up a flag football league. The league finished recently, but I think they still play on Sundays in Taipei. Check out the TAFFA, Taipei American Flag Football Association, website for their contact numbers.

I’m sure American football is pretty different from Gaelic football, but you’re very welcome to come along and join us for a kickabout any weekend. Gaelic football is more similar to Australian rules Football than American, but we have a few American guys in our club who came along and took to the sport like ducks to water.

I’m sure a few guys would like the chance to throw an American football about after our weekend training session.

Anyway, very welcome…

www.taiwancelts.com

Out of shape would be an understatement but I’d be up for a little toss and touch, in Taipei City and surrounds

We are once again starting up Taiwan’s only 7 on 7 flag football league soon for the fall.

Whether you are a person interested in becoming a free agent or have a team we welcome anyone interested in football to contact us.

Please check our blog for information or email me at chewy32@cal.berkeley.edu.

Also if you are interested in becoming a PAID Referee for our league also contact us as soon as possible.

taffablog.blogspot.com/

Hi to all! Does anyone of you here knows someone or seen a group here playing flag football? Or maybe someone among you here is interested in playing flag football.

Just moved out here a couple weeks ago and brought along a football for a friend so we could get a game going. Just seeing if there is any interest in getting an American flag/touch/tackle football game going? Most likely have games on Sundays in Da’an Park if theres enough interest. Didn’t see any recent or big threads about it and figure it would be a good way to meet people and have some fun. Anyways, if you’re interested let me know and ill see what i can do about getting flags and setting up a game

hi doc! i’m interested in playing flag football with you. I’m not an american though. i’m from the Philippines. But i played flag football when I was still there. in fact, there’s a group in the Philippines who organizes flag football games. if you still have room, just let me know. i’m also available every Sunday.

perfect! im still trying to find more ppl because i only have about 7 or so ppl, give or take 2 more. i wanna have at least 10 for sure people (so roughly about 12-14 ppl interested considering some ppl may change their minds last minute) so we can get at least 5 on 5 teams. Thinking we could set up a bbq or have a picnic on the side for those that wanna take a break or people that prefer to watch than play. since its been so cold lately, we might wait until it warms up a bit but once i get more ppl signed up, we’ll get a game goin asap. spread the word and get more ppl interested!

Cool. here’s my number, 0926054768. count me in. as long as we play on Sunday, I’ll be sure to play. most of my office mates are Taiwanese though, so I’m afraid I cannot bring in more players. but i’ll try to ask some americans in the gym where I work-out.

I’m interested, and live quite near Da’an park.

i think we can play next year as it’s already winter season. i hope after winter there’s already plenty of interested players to start this.

Hi Doc! Any updates about this?

what happened to this?

Hey guys,

While the league isn’t up at the moment, a bunch of us still play flag football every Sunday at 2:30. We play at Shida Fuzhong (Affiliated Senior High School of National Taiwan Normal University‎), across the street from the (now former) AIT building on Xinyi Rd, close to Daan MRT.

Here’s a google maps link with the exact location:

g.co/maps/xsv4e

hi guys! are you still playing every sunday? are anyone welcome to play with you?

Hey guys, is this still a thing?

Also, you guys got a league for ladies?

hey all sorry for the lack of updates with the flag football, didnt get enough interest so i just eventually forgot. Anyways, its starting to cool down and be really really nice outside to play so i guess we can try this again and see if theres anyone that wants to play. If that Sunday thing isnt going on anymore we can plan for a day and play. If not enough ppl show up, we can just toss the ball around, talk, drink and see if we can get random people to jump in haha.

i’m still interested in playing flag football. can you post the details about when and where do you play? is it still in the same school near Daan MRT Station?
i hope this will start to get going.

Guys, I’m happy to announce that the flag football league is starting back up. We’re aiming to start the 2012-2013 season on December 2nd. It’ll be 7-on-7, as before, and we’ll be playing at the Bailing Bridge fields near Jiantan Station.

We’re hoping to make the league more fun and competitive than ever, so there will be (affordable) signup fees for each team to cover field and equipment costs.

Join our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/gridironkingstaiwan for more information.

You can register a team at the league website, http://gridiron-kings.com.

In the weeks leading up to the season, we’ll be scrimmaging at the Shida FuZhong fields as before, located here: g.co/maps/xsv4e. Every Sunday, 2pm. If you’re a free agent, come on by and find some like-minded players to team up with for the season.

[quote=“RunningonNT”]Guys, I’m happy to announce that the flag football league is starting back up. We’re aiming to start the 2012-2013 season on December 2nd. It’ll be 7-on-7, as before, and we’ll be playing at the Bailing Bridge fields near Jiantan Station.

We’re hoping to make the league more fun and competitive than ever, so there will be (affordable) signup fees for each team to cover field and equipment costs.

Join our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/gridironkingstaiwan for more information.

You can register a team at the league website, http://gridiron-kings.com.

In the weeks leading up to the season, we’ll be scrimmaging at the Shi-Da FuZhong fields as before, located here: g.co/maps/xsv4e. Every Sunday, 2pm. If you’re a free agent, come on by and find some like-minded players to team up with for the season.[/quote]

I’ve got a bunch of flags that I never use anymore. If you’re looking for some, I’d let them go for a decent price. They’re Flag-a-Tag Sonic Booms, so they make a popping sound when pulled.
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2003396&010=SKU-2002260&003=4239056&camp=CSE:GooglePLA:2003396
I think I have a dozen yellow and a dozen blue, maybe more.