An emails thread (she's the tip of an iceberg)

The US government has said so.

It’s true we haven’t seen incontrovertible proof, as far as I know. The Russians have been hacking us for years though. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that all this stuff is coming out now to damage one party’s chances just before our election though right? It’s probably just some guy.

Oh of course they haven’t, nor should they. They get caught from time to time though

And they haven’t always disguised their thinking in this area either.

When you put two and two together, you can’t help but get four. Anyway, it looks like our government is on the right track about it. I’m sure they’ll figure it all out. It’s all the same in the end anyway. If you can accept anyone from a fat fuck in a basement to Putin on his iPhone meddling in our electoral processes, objectively speaking, then you have no respect for democracy, which is a position that I have no respect for. It could be Kreskin the amazing mentalist for all I care. I’m not saying we should invade Russia over it, or go apeshit unless there’s proof, but it won’t be forgotten. That’s for sure.

Tempo, hacking DNC is a piece of cake, not getting caught is where someone would put 99% of their effort and I assure you even someone moderately capable is able to make sure the evidence points in the other direction.

You actually believe when the media and government is telling you? They have no respect for you, or me, they routinely lie that the whole exercise is a joke to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4Cs5TEjxtk

1 Like

It doesn’t matter. Objectively speaking someone is trying to manipulate the election. Are you saying that you don’t recognize that?

Yes, that is true, but grandma Hillary who is illiterate in technology confidently stating it’s Russia while at the same time suggesting and air war with Russia, is not just troubling, but concerns me she (plus the democrats) are using this to escalate tensions when any person with some knowledge would say is highly unlikely if this were done at a state level there would be any trace, since even a 15 year old who has just read the instruction manual could probably get away with it.

1 Like

I’ll be sleeping soundly. If they think they have indications that Russia has done it, while withholding judgement until there is definitive proof, I’m certainly in no position to deny it. Again, it’s not like it hasn’t happened before.

The administration and especially Hillary Clinton have lost whatever entitlement they thought they should have to be believed by continuously lying. About everything, all the time. Why would you believe them this time?>

2 Likes

I don’t see it that way. Anyway, it’s not like it’s a stretch.

Which brings us full circle.

edit one* you’re first link is just a case of “some hacker”" you might want to look into how easy it is to do this, and how much people are making. It is prevalent in eastern Europe, but thats not the same as state hacking.

edit two* some article about a general who probably knows as much about computers as Hillary Clinton.

What?

I don’t know what you want me to do. Go out and bust a Russian hacking ring to prove it?

Edit: I don’t know. Whatever. I’m just reaching the best conclusion that I can given the available evidence, as opposed to random speculation not based on any evidence that I can perceive.

Because it’s bollocks. Go to the actual statement from the Director of national Intelligence.

https://www.dni.gov/index.php/newsroom/press-releases/215-press-releases-2016/1423-joint-dhs-odni-election-security-statement

it’s propaganda, the entire second paragraph talks about voting booths, nothing to do with a network intrusion of this type, why would they even talk about the two issues in the same sentence unless it was written by a politician.

Not one bit of evidence is provided, If they could prove it, then prove it!

1 Like

I’m a simple English teacher Mick, not a computer scientist. I can’t figure out if they actually have proof of a Russian intrusion into DNC email systems or not. The first thing I see is this:

The U.S. Intelligence Community (USIC) is confident that the Russian Government directed the recent compromises of e-mails from US persons and institutions, including from US political organizations.

Am I going to bet my life on it that they’re correct? No. However I note that the US Intelligence Community is confident that it’s true. I don’t think they would just make that up–I don’t. I also note that somebody indeed does seem to be doing something. Things are actually happening, and again, the functional result is the same whoever is doing it. It’s naive to to think it’s just some guy. It’s people who do not have the best interests of our country at heart, by definition, and no matter who it is, it is despicable to lend it any credence or support it in any way. That doesn’t change, regardless. That being said, if the government think they have evidence that it’s Russia, I’m not in a position to decide the truth of that or not, but I hardly find it surprising based on what I know.

1 Like

Ok, Someone or some country is seriously out for the Dems this time round, I agree. You realize this includes USA right? Anyway, I agree this is not how you want to see a democracy operate.

You have been consistent with wikileaks, I respect that, I am more on the fence myself. As the MSM seem to become more a propaganda mouth piece I see a need for someone to fill the void that used to be called journalism, Wilileaks however, I dont know if they should fill that void. But like many things, they exist because of over censorship, just like Trump exists because certain values were being thrust down everyone throat without permission.

Edit* On a side, and entering conspiracy area, have you heard of Seth Rich? The DNC guy who was murdered and Wikileaks put up a sizable fund to find his murderer and who many suspect was the guy who leaked the documents?

1 Like

Because the US government said so!? The US government also said Iraq had nukes and was responsible for 911. You believe that because the US government said so?

1 Like

[quote=“Mick, post:52, topic:155887, full:true”]

Ok, Someone or some country is seriously out for the Dems this time round, I agree. You realize this includes USA right? Anyway, I agree this is not how you want to see a democracy operate.[/quote]

That could be true, but I tend to doubt it. The potential blowback would be unimaginable.

You have been consistent with wikileaks, I respect that, I am more on the fence myself. As the MSM seem to become more a propaganda mouth piece I see a need for someone to fill the void that used to be called journalism, Wilileaks however, I dont know if they should fill that void. But like many things, they exist because of over censorship, just like Trump exists because certain values were being thrust down everyone throat without permission.

I think something like wikileaks is always going to exist in this day and age. Governments are always going to have a need for secrecy though, and they will find ways to maintain it. Anyway, at this point, I doubt their impartiality. To an extent, I agree with what you say here about Trump. It’s a contributing factor.

Edit* On a side, and entering conspiracy area, have you heard of Seth Rich? The DNC guy who was murdered and Wikileaks put up a sizable fund to find his murderer and who many suspect was the guy who leaked the documents?

Sure. Haven’t seen much lately though, anything concrete ever come up?

We wouldn’t be facing such dilemmas if only governments had less power over the rest of us. There would be less legitimate call for secrecy then.

Also less temptation to criminality. Power tends to corrupt, etc.

1 Like

Why polls are bullshit:

[quote]From: tmatzzie@gmail.com tmatzzie@gmail.com
To: georgerakis@gmail.com georgerakis@gmail.com; Andy Meyer
Sent: Thu Jan 10 21:21:07 2008
Subject: Meet and polling design

Hey, when can we meet? I also want to get your Atlas folks to
recommend oversamples for our polling before we start in February. By
market, regions, etc. I want to get this all compiled into one set of
recommendations so we can maximize what we get out of our media
polling.

-Tom[/quote]

Oversampling. It’s not just for CD players.

(And don’t get me started on gmail.)

1 Like

Interesting article about Assange here, in Buzzfeed of all places.

From 2008? This is good news for John McCain! Or is it from the guy who unskewed the polls for President Romney?
Hint: find out what “oversample” means in relation to polling.

What did the president know, and when did he know it?

How Clinton pay-to-play works.

1 Like