And yet again...another shooting rampage in the USA

Assault rifles and other “military” style weapons don’t need to be owned by the general public. But this guy could have done the same thing with two small handguns though. Or just one small handgun.

Not really.

I think he could have with just a .38 and a lot of bullets. I am not sure there was enough people in the club at that time trained in attacking a person with a gun while unarmed themselves. Takes training to attack a person actively shooting a gun while unarmed.

An automatic rifle is simply a much more efficient tool for killing people. The simple fact is he killed 50 people–while this isn’t definitive proof of anything, it’s certainly a testament to the killing power of such a weapon.

[quote=“rowland”][quote=“Abacus”]
You also haven’t posted any solutions or even conceded that their is a gun violence problem in the US.[/quote]
Has it ever occurred to you that you might be wrong?[/quote]

This is the crux of the problem. You (and most of the right) won’t even admit there is a problem and in fact you block the CDC from attempting to do a study on the issue.

Suck it, gun grabbers…

kdvr.com/2016/06/14/gun-sales-su … -shooting/

[quote]The Pink Pistols is a national gun club for gays and lesbians. It saw its membership soar from about 1,500 members on Saturday to 3,500 on Monday.

Dozens of new chapters are springing up, including one Smith is creating in Colorado Springs. He said it’s something he feels compelled to do, even though he’s heterosexual.

“I look at it as a disenfranchised minority that needs someone who’s willing to say I’m a resource who’s here and willing to help,” he said.

Another chapter also appears to be forming in the Denver area. The Pink Pistols typically meet on a regular basis at firing ranges to practice shooting.[/quote]

Nothing wrong that as far as I can see. But does this mean that gun grabbers are homophobes?

Oh, and…

dailywire.com/news/6612/west … nk-berrien

twitter.com/JeremyMcLellan/stat … 5362531329

[quote]“Only paranoid idiots want AR-15s in case the government becomes tyrannical.”
“What do you think of Trump?”
“He’s literally the next Hitler”[/quote]

Even the people who are against Trump – ESPECIALLY the people who are against Trump in the US – are not advocating for everyone to have two assault rifles to solve the Trump problem that way.

A pretty comprehensive look at Mateen

washingtonpost.com/national … story.html

Are gun grabbers homophobes?

washingtonpost.com/news/vol … itigation/

[quote]A 25-year-old gay man named Tom G. Palmer was walking in San Jose one day with a male friend. They were accosted by “19 or 20” men. “They’ll never find your bodies,” the criminals said. Palmer drew his handgun, and the criminals fled. This was typical; about three-quarters of firearms deployments for self-defense end the crime immediately, without a shot being fired. (Gary Kleck, “Armed Resistance to Crime,” Journal of Crim. Law & Criminology, 1995, p. 185.)

Today, Palmer is a senior fellow at the Cato Institute. In February 2003, a young lawyer named Alan Gura filed the case that would become District of Columbia v. Heller, challenging the District’s handgun ban and its separate ban on using any firearm for home defense. Palmer was one of the six plaintiffs.[/quote]

Oh, and here’s you get past IRS and FEC attempts to shut down political activism:

You could call them undocumented activists.

[quote=“rowland”]Are gun grabbers homophobes?

washingtonpost.com/news/vol … itigation/

[/quote]

Your conclusions are hilarious.

Just because some LGBT support gun rights doesn’t mean that gun control advocates are against them. Frankly it is about as stupid as saying ‘I have an African-American friend so I can’t be racist’.

Airbrushing the truth for our own good…

realclearpolitics.com/video/ … t_out.html

[quote]LORETTA LYNCH: What we’re announcing tomorrow is that the FBI is releasing a partial transcript of the killer’s calls with law enforcement, from inside the club. These are the calls with the Orlando PD negotiating team, who he was, where he was… that will be coming out tomorrow and I’ll be headed to Orlando on Tuesday.

CHUCK TODD: Including the hostage negotiation part of this?

LYNCH: Yes, it will be primarily a partial transcript of his calls with the hostage negotiators.

CHUCK TODD: You say partial, what’s being left out?

LYNCH: What we’re not going to do is further proclaim this man’s pledges of allegiance to terrorist groups, and further his propaganda.
[/quote]

They’ve got their own propaganda to further, and this stuff interferes with their narrative.

(When people run out of arguments, they always try to shut you up. That’s why freedom of speech is so important, and also why it has so many powerful enemies.)

UPDATE: They seem to have backed down.

washingtonexaminer.com/doj-r … le/2594380

[quote=“Abacus”]
Your conclusions are hilarious.

Just because some LGBT support gun rights doesn’t mean that gun control advocates are against them. Frankly it is about as stupid as saying ‘I have an African-American friend so I can’t be racist’.[/quote]

I can smell your flop sweat from here.

They’re just not buying it. Scream louder! More shrillness! Try blaming the Christians!

crimeresearch.org/2016/06/new-ga … -us-safer/

If he were a Muslim son of immigrants would he have had an easier time of it? Just asking.

chicago.suntimes.com/news/steinb … porter-no/

[quote]At 5:13 Sarah from Maxon called. They were canceling my sale and refunding my money. No gun for you. I called back. Why? “I don’t have to tell you,” she said. I knew that, but was curious. I wasn’t rejected by the government? No. So what is it? “I’m not at liberty,” she said.

Gun dealers do have the right to refuse sales to anyone, usually exercised for people who seem to be straw purchasers. I told her I assume they wouldn’t sell me a gun because I’m a reporter. She denied it. But hating the media is right behind hating the government as a pastime for many gun owners. They damn you for being ignorant then hide when you try to find out.

A few hours later, Maxon sent the newspaper a lengthy statement, the key part being: “it was uncovered that Mr. Steinberg has an admitted history of alcohol abuse, and a charge for domestic battery involving his wife.”

Well, didn’t see that coming. Were that same standard applied to the American public, there would be a whole lot fewer guns sold. Beside, they knew I planned to immediately sell it back to them.
[/quote]

Immediately sell it back. Sure he would.

The whole piece is double standards, conspiracy theorizing and self-righteousness on display. But he does have something of a valid point. Some people can’t be trusted with guns… and he’s one of them.

Really, it’s all about whose guns get grabbed by whom. The typical gun grabbers are precisely the ones we need to disarm. In Nazi Germany, the Nazis had all the guns and ordinary citizens weren’t allowed guns. Suppose that had been reversed?

Assault weapon bans in some states upheld tacitly by the Supreme Court

npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ … -ban-stand

When seconds count, the police are minutes away, cowering in fear:

washingtonpost.com/world/na … story.html

Probably not the Ferguson effect in this case, so much as standard government ineffectiveness.

Now bouncers packing heat - that would have brought down the death toll considerably. At worst, the second generation savage would not have survived his first attempt to reload.

knoxnews.com/opinion/columni … 50051.html

[quote]The mass killing in Orlando, Fla., of 49 people by an ISIS-inspired terrorist was heavily covered by European media. What we could understand best was on the BBC, Skynews, and a couple of other English-speaking television channels.

I expected a good deal of criticism and debate directed at the U.S. over the 2nd Amendment, but interestingly, from what we saw it wasn’t prevalent. Europe, particularly France, has been recently victimized by terrorist attacks despite more stringent gun laws than those in the U.S., so perhaps that realization factored into the initial coverage we saw, as well as the fact the gunman identified himself as aligning with ISIS.[/quote]

Think it through, gun grabbers…

reason.com/archives/2016/06/21/ … hen-americ

[quote]Prohibition was kneecapped by Americans’ widespread refusal to stop producing, selling, and drinking booze. Millions of Americans smoked marijuana decades before majority sentiment creeped toward legalizing the stuff. Gays and lesbians not only surreptitiously lived and loved when they were targeted by the law—they also famously (and righteously) stomped cops who raided the Stonewall Inn, ultimately precipitating liberalization. And restrictions on exporting encryption were eased only after cryptographers illegally exported code—even printing it on T-shirts as an act of civil disobedience.

But in the wake of Omar Mateen’s bloody rampage in Orlando, gun control advocates think that overcoming the passionate opposition of firearms owners and imposing a ban on a difficult to define class of “assault weapons” is a swell idea whose time has come. This prohibition will somehow be different.

“Those who defend the easy accessibility of assault weapons should meet these families and explain why that makes sense,” President Obama tut-tutted last week. But the moralizer-in-chief failed to make sense himself, calling for the outlawing of a category of devices that doesn’t really exist.[/quote]

The IRS is buying lots of guns and ammo, suggesting that this is really about a fear of revolution. Their sad attempts to deny the Islamist problem only add to the suspicion that they’re just not thinking straight. Well, trying to grab the guns would backfire spectacularly.

Here’s a better idea: try not to anger the taxpayers, and you’ll have nothing to fear on that front. Then you can focus on the actual problems facing the nation.

As long as guns are available, massacres will continue to happen. I prefer there not to be massacres. The GOP and the NRA are in love with the blood and carnage, and want more.

The US should take a cue from Taiwan, Japan, Australia and other places where gun are illegal and massacres are rare.