Anoobb is about to walk into a internet cafe...

Turned off my house internet, and got a SIM card for my phone for basic internet. I want to go use a I ternet cafe for some real keyboard/mouse gaming. Battlefield3, counter strike, online poker.
So how does it work…I know you pay by the hour but do these computers have the games preinstalled…or am I getting a generic windows box with nothing installed?

I haven’t been to one in Taiwan, but generally speaking an internet cafe catered towards gaming will have the games installed and updated… a mom&pop internet cafe will probably just be windows, skype and printing facilities

Top of the line. Most cafes in Taiwan compete in terms of avalability of games, amenities -snacks, drinks, etc-, and most importantly, speed.

Problem is it is summer vacation, which means everyone and their granny is at the Internet cafe, students of all ages, middle aged people, grannies with grandchildren enjoying the AC, tourists, etc. There is a reason they are open 24/7.

Don’t forget your ID. They check IDs every so often.

I don’t know the technical terms, but there’s pre-installed software that allows you to download games that aren’t as popular, but the popular games such as Overwatch or League of Legends will most likely be available for instant play.

If you have issues reading Chinese, I would accustom yourself with some lingo or get ready to ask your neighbor for help. The software is normally 100% Chinese.

Might I suggest subscribing in unlimited internet for your phone and just hot spotting your phone for Wifi? That’s what I do now and it has not failed me in running Overwatch and having Youtube videos run at the same time.

Yea I did that till I dismantled our computers…ill go check one out tonight. Should be fun.

A follow-up: went, very cheap like 4 hours for 100NT. Ill ask more questions next time I’m there

From the start seats are comfortable and lots of games are pre-installed. However, most are single player. I wanted to play Battlefield3 online and not the single player…I didn’t see any Origin software to sign into a account.
Decided to play some poker online, I downloaded the software but it took a full 20min to download a 100meg file. Disappointing.
Staff was not helpful …when I asked why so slow?
If I can get the online games I want to play it will be better next time.

I hear some of them differ in terms of internet speed and computer hardware. So try another one next time.

Went back tonight. It was a clumsy mess trying to play a game that I wanted to play online instead of single player. The owner basically said its pirated software, lol. Played some other games instead, flawless. Its great for low cost. Can’t beat a/c for 30NT a hour, good drinks, and cute girls.

Cute girls?!
Are you sure you sent to the correct place? :rofl: