Another deport case? Genesis cover band

Has anyone heard about another possible deportation case out of Koashiung where there was a band who were going to tour all over the island performing a Genesis, Lamb lies down on Broadway show? Apparently they were nabbed by foreign affairs police after one of their shows there. Does anybody know any of the band members to find out what is happening. They were planning to come to Taipei and it would’ve been interesting to see them. They were charging just NT200 for the show in Koashiung. Here is a link for more info. Sounds like these guys are canadian.

taiwanfun.com/south/kaoping/ … 06Lamb.htm

What about Milk, that Taichong group. They have been playing all over Taiwan for years…? And they have released a CD here, right?

A Genesis cover band?

Thank god the police nabbed those guys in time.

[quote=“mod lang”]A Genesis cover band?

Thank god the police nabbed those guys in time.[/quote]

Yeah, looks like now they are In Too Deep. Doesn’t surprise me though, the cops here seem to have that Invisible Touch.

From what I have heard, they don’t seem to be in much trouble. I suppose that the co-producer of the show is the foreign rep to the Kaohsiung City Government helps a bit.

Lord save us from thespians… :s

I know what I like and I like what I know, and I 'aint never letting Genesis into my damn garden.
Only good thing they ever did was to fire Chris Stewart, freeing him up to write those LP books and Driving Over Lemons.

Amen to that. No Genesis

The next time I see Brad (the producer for the show) I’ll pass our comments on to him.

A Trick of the Tale was a seriously cool albumn. One of my favorites.

Is this the “Outing as Genesis fan” thread??? Cool. Me too, me too :wink:

Never know. They could come back “Against all Odds” in this “Land of Confusion”

[quote=“Richardm”]
A Trick of the Tale was a seriously cool albumn. One of my favorites.[/quote]

All their albums from the 70’s to Duke were excellent although I know that people either like them or hate them with a passion. Not much middle ground. Their music was just too complex for many people to enjoy. I just got hold of a DVD of the 1980 Duke tour and its fabulous!!!

You have not lived life if you haven’t experienced marching through a dungeon with Black Sabbath playing in the backround.

Amen to that. No Genesis

The next time I see Brad (the producer for the show) I’ll pass our comments on to him.[/quote]

Hey, its not like you have alot of other choices here in Taiwan. No to Genesis and Yes to nothing???

When you see Brad, make sure to pass the good comments on too.

[quote]No to Genesis and Yes to nothing???
[/quote]
Absolutely! Given the choice between the posturing “too complex” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: progginess of Genesis and the blissful sweetness of silence, I’d take silence any day. Hell, I’d even prefer to hear Ah Mei or Jolin than Pete the Mask and Mike and his Mechanical chums.
And remember, I went to high school in the early 70s so believe me, with the amount of Genesis I was subjected to, I know what I’m talking about.

[quote=“sandman”][quote]No to Genesis and Yes to nothing???
[/quote][/quote]
Sandman wrote:
“Absolutely! Given the choice between the posturing “too complex” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: progginess of Genesis and the blissful sweetness of silence, I’d take silence any day. Hell, I’d even prefer to hear Ah Mei or Jolin than Pete the Mask and Mike and his Mechanical chums.”

Yah well I can agree that Pete the Mask was a little too pompous at times but when Phil the substitute came in, it was awesome until the early 80’s.

Uh oh, I gotta run now cos my wife just said my SUPPERS READY.

Sandman wrote:

Afraid of the return of the giant hogweed?

Sandman’s problems come from Many Too Many nights at the Twilight Alehouse thinking he is the Supernatural Anesthetist seeing Visions of Angels, when actually he wakes up every morning Entangled like a Carpet Crawler, lucky he wasn’t booked for Robbery, Assault, and Battery.
OK, so maybe he does have a Hairless Heart, but I still think he’s a bit like a Fly on the Windshield in Taiwan, always Looking for Someone

Hah, Wolf, you couldn’t have posted that if I hadn’t given you my Genesis Archive cds last night, right? :wink:

From Wind and Wuthering back I could basically have. After that is was all pop crapdom.
But :notworthy: for the lend.

Hey Wolfie,

That was a great story. :smiley: :laughing:

Does anyone have a Genesis CD that has “The Bolivian” on it?? I need that song.