Another first in Asia for Taiwan! Pastafarianism recognized

Spaghetti joints! I see what you did there!

1 Like

In Discordianism, you automatically become pope when joining, complete with the power to excommunicate everybody. Then you work your way down.

Spaghetti joints are really flexible!

Edibles are even better…like “baked” ziti.

and people say food should not be wasted.

Only once proved yer reproductive parts have withered and the rest of ye is about to pass to the nether-realms.

I’ll burn a paper credit card for ye when it comes to pass: promise.

How are my reproductive parts supposed to define my gender? Don’t you know it’s current year???

Triggering status: intensifying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVo_wkxH9dU

This has an interesting legal application. “High-level” foreigners applying for Taiwan citizenship will have their applications reviewed by a committee consisting of 17-21 members, “and members of any gender shall not be less than one third of the total number of the members.” Notice that if the total number of possible genders is more than 3, then it becomes impossible to convene a committee!

http://www.moi.gov.tw/english/english_law/law_detail.aspx?sn=405

(The Chinese text prevails, otherwise we might suppose that the members could be of “any gender”, i.e. at least one-third must profess some gender!)

I noticed this while searching for clues as to whether the Pastafarians could sponsor foreign missionaries. It seems not–at least, not until five years have passed.

2 Likes

I have no idea. That’s why I used the gender-neutral term “reproductive parts,” rather than gender-specific terms such as cock, balls, uterus, vagina, etc.

In hindsight, and being a doddery old bugger, perhaps I should have used the gender neutral-neutral term “noodles.”

Once yer noodles have dried up, and have become inedible, and unlikely to grow mold upon them, then you may have a chance at citizenship.

well then we’re screwed, last I checked some of the regressive nonsense about gender studies there were 15+ genders.

Dammit…if I was a graduate in gender studies I’d be able to argue with that…

So what does recognition gain them? Perks?

I just noticed the article title says first “area”, not country.

Of course they aren’t. Everybody knows it’s your man boobs. :sunglasses:

Patriarchy intensifies.

Kurt Vonnegut got here first:

There were five sexes on Tralfamadore, each of them performing a step necessary in the creation of a new individual. They looked identical to Billy—because their sex differences were all in the fourth dimension.

One of the biggest moral bombshells handed to Billy by the Tralfamadorians, incidentally had to do with sex on Earth. They said their flying-saucer crews had identified no fewer than seven sexes on Earth, each essential to reproduction. Again: Billy couldn’t possibly imagine what five of those seven sexes had to do with the making of a baby, since they were sexually active only in the fourth dimension.

The Tralfamadorians tried to give Billy clues that would help him imagine sex in the invisible dimension. They told him that there could be no Earthling babies without male homosexuals. There could be babies without female homosexuals. There couldn’t be babies without women over sixty-five years old. There could be babies without men over sixty-five. There couldn’t be babies without other babies who had lived an hour or less after birth. And so on.

It was gibberish to Billy.

We are all Billy.