Another Western Foreigner Busted for Cannabis

Another westerner was busted for selling pot according to the Apple Daily. Some 60ish guy called Allan from USA.
When will foreigners learn that Taiwan is not a good place to be selling Cannabis. :doh: Apparently he was even selling it to his students :roflmao: How dumb can one get.

[quote=“fenlander”]An old American caucasian busted for weed in Dan Shuei. When will people learn that Taiwan is NOT drug friendly. I feel very sorry for this idiot as he will spend his retirement behind bars IF guilty as charged.
http://tw.nextmedia.com/applenews/article/art_id/33456031/IssueID/20110613

This one is bad press indeed. Selling to his cram school students what planet is this guy from? How stupid can someone get ?[/quote]

Gives all us old fat F’s a bad name and “Alan” to boot. Lock the bastard up! And where the hell did this guy buy that ridiculous shirt. Must have been to Phuket recently.

At least he was not a pedophile as well that would have been too much! I also hope that all the students that he sold “it” to were over 18 years of age if not the pitch fork mob will be roaming the streets around the brass monkey tonight.

ooh a criminal foreigner and all the other foreigners shaking & trembling. Good that all those lovely Taiwanese are so friendly to us. God I think I have to gulp down some legal tranqulizers. I am getting nervous, what if another horribly criminal foreigners will be caught! What then?

:ponder: whose trembling and shaking? Are you smoking pot? :roflmao: I am finding his shirt amusing to say the least :rainbow: He should have had shades on too to further incriminate himself :sunglasses:

Apparently, he was part of a “gang” of 5 that were arrested, if I am reading correctly.

Maybe he used weed as a mean to bang his students, who knows.

I know the fact checking done by Taiwan newspapers is second to none, but do you honestly think this guy was selling weed to his students.

that seems preposterous.

Surely you mean, to bhang his students.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]I know the fact checking done by Taiwan newspapers is second to none, but do you honestly think this guy was selling weed to his students.

that seems preposterous.[/quote]If it is proven that he was selling to his students, the judge will throw the book at him. After all, he wasn’t just selling to the rest of us worthless foreigner scumbags, he was contributing to the degradation of the innocent youth of Taiwan! :no-no:

I’m personally pissed off with the guy simply for getting arrested wearing a Hawaiian styled flowered shirt. I wear those almost every day! Now, I’ll simply be guilty by association. Big, old, white foreigners, wearing flowered patterned Hawaiian shirts are drug dealers! Shit! :doh:

[quote=“Northcoast Surfer”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]I know the fact checking done by Taiwan newspapers is second to none, but do you honestly think this guy was selling weed to his students.

that seems preposterous.[/quote]If it is proven that he was selling to his students, the judge will throw the book at him. After all, he wasn’t just selling to the rest of us worthless foreigner scumbags, he was contributing to the degradation of the innocent youth of Taiwan! :no-no:

I’m personally pissed off with the guy simply for getting arrested wearing a Hawaiian styled flowered shirt. I wear those almost every day! Now, I’ll simply be guilty by association. Big, old, white foreigners, wearing flowered patterned Hawaiian shirts are drug dealers! Shit! :doh:[/quote]

lol, ouch…but again, it just defies all logic to sell to students.

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”][quote=“Northcoast Surfer”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]I know the fact checking done by Taiwan newspapers is second to none, but do you honestly think this guy was selling weed to his students.

I’m personally pissed off with the guy simply for getting arrested wearing a Hawaiian styled flowered shirt. I wear those almost every day! Now, I’ll simply be guilty by association. Big, old, white foreigners, wearing flowered patterned Hawaiian shirts are drug dealers! Shit! :doh:[/quote]

lol, ouch…but again, it just defies all logic to sell to students.[/quote]

logic? where does logic come into it? someones got to feed their jones for god sake…

[quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]
AND he’s from Danshui!

Northcoast is just trying to distract us from this sure marker of louche, anti-social criminality.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Northcoast Surfer”]
AND he’s from Danshui![/quote]EXACTLY!!! I’m glad I don’t wear glasses or have grey hair…yet.

Stylish, eh what?

[quote=“Northcoast Surfer”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]I know the fact checking done by Taiwan newspapers is second to none, but do you honestly think this guy was selling weed to his students.

that seems preposterous.[/quote]If it is proven that he was selling to his students, the judge will throw the book at him. After all, he wasn’t just selling to the rest of us worthless foreigner scumbags, he was contributing to the degradation of the innocent youth of Taiwan! :no-no: [/quote]
The horror!

Double horror! :astonished:

Yes, these people are now going to face serious jail time under fairly harsh conditions. They have families and long-time connections to Taiwan. Their misfortune has very little effect on how the Taiwanese public views foreigners. I think a little sympathy is in order especially in the view of police grandstanding and the obvious inconsistencies in the media’s accounts.

Oh I get it. A kneejerk spray of disgust at the peals of barely contained glee at what if you read the link, is an objectionable piece of turd pretending to be journalism.

That is a woefully written article in the link. The headline alone should be an affront to foreigners living in Taiwan. The fact some dude, his Taiwanese girlfriend and a few Nepalese have been nabbed with a pitiful amount of pot in a country with stupidly harsh laws against drugs is no cause for celebration, no matter how fancy the guy’s shirt. That he’s been called an “Unscrupulous (lit. unconscionable) foreign teacher . . .” suggests he will go down harshly in Taiwan’s judicial system. All because a dirty rag tagged him.

HG

Have to agree with HG, here. Unless we get more reliable evidence that he sold dope to his students, all he was caught with is 4 grams of weed. That’s just a small personal stash.