Another Western Foreigner Busted for Cannabis

400 grams not 4 grams

0.4 kg although it is not clear which part was leaf and what was bud and how much tobacco he had too. But certainly a lot more than 5 grams or is my Chinese reading incorrect?

The reports also say he was teaching his students how to smoke and prepare it for smoking with tobacco.

Again I think that is what it says but Chinese is not my first language.

Man, those would have been great lessons.

I wonder who the dirty little rat is. If that comes out in court, and it should, let’s send the boys around for a bit of a knees-up.

I can’t read the article- does it say whether he was selling to underage students or adults?
I’m going to guess that if they don’t say in the article, it was adults, in which case he has my sympathy and I hope they’re lenient on him…
I’m sure, for the sake of sensationalism, they would have mentioned if it was kids. but if it was kids :no-no: I wouldn’t be nearly as sympathetic.

Just so we can be clear…according to the article he was caught with 400 grams of hash, 2 big bags of grass and five bags of seeds…don’t know what article HGC is reading. :popcorn:

Like I said, a pitiful amount of pot. Depends on your, erhm, yardstick. Certainly not “unconscionable.”

HG

400 grams not 4 grams

0.4 kg although it is not clear which part was leaf and what was bud and how much tobacco he had too. But certainly a lot more than 5 grams or is my Chinese reading incorrect?

The reports also say he was teaching his students how to smoke and prepare it for smoking with tobacco.

Again I think that is what it says but Chinese is not my first language.[/quote]

0.4 kg like metric … or 0.4 kilo like Taiwan kg …? It’s 20years difference in prison terms …

It’s all the same to the glee club.

HG

Hope I don’t look too heartless but what do you think, how long it is going to take till we can see the “banged/locked up abroad” version of this?
I just love that show.

Sorry to drag this up but I’ve been out the country for a month and I’m wondering if there is any update on this. I am a friend with one of the others that were ambushed. I did get my wife to call the detention center at the beginning of July and was told that no visotrs were allowed - presumably while they are preparing their case. Also, although I don’t smoke (cigarettes or anything else), I’m a little wary about my name going on a list somewhere.

thx

Damn. How come I only learn of foreigners with large stashes of dope AFTER they get busted? :neutral:

As usual the paper these articles are hardly worth more than the paper they are written on, don’t believe any of the figures/speculation.
Can’t believe people still smoke weed here in Taiwan, just takes somebody with a grudge to make a call and you are going down.

A word of warning on this…even if you stash your stash nowhere near your own apartment it doesn’t matter. With the piss testing the cops are using you’ll still get busted. Time to switch to binlang…

I can’t believe people sell pot here. Best way to get thrown out.
I also can’t believe people believe the Apple Daily reports about the events. That is even more rediculous.

Switch between potential long term mental/psychological issues to having potential mouth throat cancer (:

He should be given 10 years of jail time for wardrobe malfunction.

Has anyone heard any updates regarding this case? It’s been about a year and there surely should have been some kind of resolution by now. If they are in prison serving time, I wonder if they have access to the Internet and WIFY… :ponder:

Here’s a quick refresher for those who might have forgotten the story.

[quote=“Apple Daily on 06/13/2011”]

無良外籍師 教英文兼賣大麻

一名擁有美國籍的男子,以教學名義來台取得「短期英文補習班教師資格」身分後,再由國外親友挾帶大麻葉來台,藉由外籍教師販售給美加外籍人士與學生。警方昨晚逮捕該名外籍男子與四名美語老師,偵訊後移送法辦。

託親友挾帶來台

警方今年三月破獲外籍補習班學生涉吸毒賣毒案件,鎖定綽號「Old Monkey」老猴、現任某美語補習班外語老師Alan(美國籍,六十二歲)為首腦,常委託親友從美加挾帶大麻原葉及大麻膏來台。Alan透過教學或學生餐敘時,示範抽大麻菸並以簡訊推銷大麻。
警前晚到新北市淡水田寮一棟透天厝外埋伏,巧遇美語老師Justing(加拿大籍,四十二歲)買完大麻葉,警方上前攔查,在Alan屋內查扣大麻種子五包、大麻膏超過四百公克、菸草兩大包,販毒所得十六萬餘元及美金三千元等,隨後又逮捕美語老師David、尼泊爾籍Luke等人。

5人偵訊後法辦
Alan否認仲介挾帶大麻入境販賣,但其他三名美加籍老師指證歷歷,警方查出Alan女友也是美語補習班台籍老師,懷疑她涉案協助推銷毒品,但無具體事證訊後飭回。警方偵訊後將五人依販毒罪嫌移送法辦。 [/quote]

Old monkey…pretty apt description. The claim was the ‘dama’ was being imported by a relative, then a Nepali crops up on the scene. Seen enough Discovery shoes about busted drug smugglers to guess who is bringing it in and from where.

[quote=“Northcoast Surfer”][quote=“Deuce Dropper”]I know the fact checking done by Taiwan newspapers is second to none, but do you honestly think this guy was selling weed to his students.

that seems preposterous.[/quote]If it is proven that he was selling to his students, the judge will throw the book at him. After all, he wasn’t just selling to the rest of us worthless foreigner scumbags, he was contributing to the degradation of the innocent youth of Taiwan! :no-no:

I’m personally pissed off with the guy simply for getting arrested wearing a Hawaiian styled flowered shirt. I wear those almost every day! Now, I’ll simply be guilty by association. Big, old, white foreigners, wearing flowered patterned Hawaiian shirts are drug dealers! Shit! :doh:[/quote]

I would be surprised if a good bit of the report isn’t false – It seems every article on foreigners in the Apple Daily is pretty much hot air, like that guy who was arrested for the hit and run. Speaking of him, I don’t think it was shown that he was driving. A statement from a parent of one of his students will probably (read as “perhaps”, “maybe”, “possibly”) be enough, without any evidence to support it, unfortunately.