Any current information on Performance/Entertainer visas?

So I’ve recently been offered a possible DJ residency over in Taiwan (I’m a Canadian who’s currently performing in China). I’m curious as to how I would go about getting a work visa and what documents I’d need.

Cheers!

A Canadian under 36 can apply for a working holiday visa. Details are on the TECO website.

For a normal work permit, @Toe_Save probably knows.

I am not sponsoring artists anymore as my local partner in this venture is proving a little too difficult to work with. Good guy and all, just that helping westerners achieve legal status was not high on his priority list and several people I recommended for sponsorship did not get a level of service I was hoping for.

I continue to try to convince other potential partners of the need for this service, but until I do, the Open Work Permit for Artists is not something I can offer any longer.

I’ll have to look into that

Cheers

Any information you have on the process would help! :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4QnalIHlVc

You can try asking Ponny. I have vetted all the agents in Taiwan, and she is not only the best choice, but the only one. She gets a fair amount of job leads (comparable to the larger companies) and does not ask for an exclusive contract. Never sign an exclusive contract. Take it from someone who was sucked into one. Anyway, Ponny may consider sponsoring you if you can convince her of your value to her company.

Otherwise, you can try to apply for a 1-year Performer Work Permit on your own. It’s a long shot, but I think the mechanism may be there to self-sponsor.

Cheers, I’ll get a hold of her then. As for self applying, what government branch do I need to talk to specifically? A website would be ideal :slight_smile:

Oh, that sucks.