Any Good Fishing Spots In Taipei?

Hi All,

I’ll be going to Taipei for a week holiday i Feb. As an avid angler i always travel with my fishing tackle.
Does anyone have fishing spots or commercial fishing pond to recommend?
i am also looking at travalling to Green Island (绿岛) for a day trip. Can anyone advise me on getting there from Taipei city?

Many Thanks!!!

Best Regards

Don’t know about fishing, but I can tell you that Green Island is not within day trip distance of Taipei. You could probably do it as an overnight trip if you were to fly between Taipei and Taitung, but if you bus/train it, you’d be looking at 3days at least.

Wow!! i thought it’s like 4 to 5 hours trip to get there by land.

looks like i have to change my plans.

Thanks for the advice.

I think it’s 5-6hrs by train each way to Taitung. Then you’ve still got to get to the island.

don’t fish in Taipei. what you pull out will scare you.

There’s a moratorium on river fishing. Please obey. Some of the streams and rivers are finally starting to have decent size fish and small schools again.

What? you can take a plane from Taipei to Taidong (less than an hour), then get on a ferry to Green Island (less than an hour too).
Not much to see though, but it’s nice outing for the week end.

By “decent” he means things of up to a couple of pounds only, mostly much smaller. Not worth it, especially when you consider the NT$150,000 fine for fishing for them.

Sea fishing is where it’s at. Tons of it. Charter boats an hour from Taipei, or rock and beach fishing ditto.

What? you can take a plane from Taipei to Taidong (less than an hour), then get on a ferry to Green Island (less than an hour too).
Not much to see though, but it’s nice outing for the week end.[/quote]

Yeah, but that’s still 2 hours or so travel each way, plus waiting time. Doesn’t leave much time on Green Island. Spending the night there would be a lot better.

? what will i pull up???

[quote=“sandman”]By “decent” he means things of up to a couple of pounds only, mostly much smaller. Not worth it, especially when you consider the NT$150,000 fine for fishing for them.

Sea fishing is where it’s at. Tons of it. Charter boats an hour from Taipei, or rock and beach fishing ditto.[/quote]

Wow!! that’s a hefty fine!

What about commercial fishing pond? i heard that some fish farm around the outskirts of Taipei are actually open to public for fishing. Anyone know any of this farms?

? what will i pull up???[/quote]

Not much to see though, but it’s nice outing for the week end.[/quote]

Yeah, but that’s still 2 hours or so travel each way, plus waiting time. Doesn’t leave much time on Green Island. Spending the night there would be a lot better.[/quote]

Hmmmm after all these info i think it would be a better idea to spend a there too. Got to check with the rest of my friends.

I the domestic air & train tickets readily available or do i need to make reservations?

A new video of Fishing in Taipei produced by National Geographic. Check it out!