Any Non-Chalcedonian ORIENTAL Orthodox out there? (Armenians, Copts, etc.)

That’s the Coptic, Ethiopian / Eritrean Tewahedo, Armenian Apostolic, Syriac, and Malankara (South Indian) Churches.

Not to be confused either with the family of churches affiliated with Greece, Moscow, and the Ecumenical Patriarch. Often called monophysitic, though some prefer “miaphysitic” or “henophysitic.” Accept the first three ecumenical councils, but reject the fourth (namely Chalcedon). Also not to be confused with the Assyrian Church of the East (the so-called “Nestorian” church), which accepts the first two ecumenical councils, but not the third (1st Ephesus).

Of course there are none of these CHURCHES represented here, but what about believers? There seem to be about 7 Armenians on the island–any of the other groups?

And the (very belated) answer is–YES, there is a Coptic church in Guting (Taipei), and apparently another one in Kaohsiung. So if any of you know any Egyptian, Ethiopian, or Armenian Christians (or certain kinds of Syrian, but this gets complicated and there probably aren’t any here), please tell them! Most of these people will probably be engineers in Hsinchu, students in some graduate program here, or something of that nature. (I’m not sure how to get the word out–all I can think of is to put an ad in the church section of the China Post.)

And even if you do not have the good fortune to be an “ethnic miaphysite,” but would like to visit, Fr. Yohanna is very friendly and welcoming. The church address is on Facebook, or you can PM me and I’ll put you in touch.