Anybody Confronted a Local on the Roads? Road Rage!!!

Illegal guns are a big problem in Taiwan nowadays. Anyone can buy BB air gun then send it to underground shop to modify it into a small caliber hand gun. Not worth it confronting strangers over road rage. Drug problem particularly Methamphetamine use among teenagers on on a rise. Deprived economy and a population infested with drug and gun violence has changed Taiwan’s youth generation.

Just be careful with the finger and the “fuck you”. That will give them a trigger. They will look like a beetroot and start furious call their friends. And you may end up in a court where you will have no sympathy. If you get off without a beating.

Yeah. Although guns are illegal and there’s not a lot of gun violence. There are surprisingly a lot of guns in taiwan. I’ve been offered to buy them on occasion. Mostly small caliber ones. And a lot of modded BB guns that might not kill you. But can penetrate enough to go through your arms.

Learn to curse in a 3rd language. I curse in Serbian and Spanish. They do not understand that. Although the tone will clearly be there.

Also, use the English V’s. Meaning is the same, but if your called out on it, you can just say you were wishing peace upon them.

4 Likes

I can curse at them in Greek but if they don’t understand what’s the point?

2 Likes

It is about personal gratification. At least for me it is. As I tell my wife when she wonders why Americans yell at traffic, I tell her it is a way to vent.

1 Like

I was one time know a gangster he had tattoo’s all over his body. He would sell meth and ketamine and other things. He kept on showing me his gun. I know a little bit about guns so I could see it was a 9mm parabellum. One day when he leaves the room to go wee I take a closer look. It was just a BB gun replica.
I think he’s in prison now.

But this is not on the topic. I must say be very careful in Taiwan about getting angry. Don’t drive a car of bike unless you absolutely have to. Take the public transport it is really quite good.

1 Like

They work well when they want them to work well . They traced the big bad foreigners with stolen ATM money all through Taiwan with those cameras :slight_smile:
But if your scooter gets stolen they don’t work.

1 Like

It’s good to have connections!

I feel you. I’ve had plenty of close encounters with scooters (and cars) not checking traffic and turning out of a side street. I tend to not hang out on the far right lane for that reason. I also take the same routes to and from work, so I kind of get the idea of traffic patterns, so I tend to be more cautious at certain intersections.

The one time that I almost got t-boned by a car, I swirved, got in front of him and gave him the look back. I was ready to stop in front of him and be all “wtf bro”, but he put up his hand to apologize just in the nick of time.

The gf who was in the back seat was in shock, “You wanted to stop didn’t you, don’t ever stop, you never know who’s behind the wheel and if he can call for back-up. He at least apologized, not many people apologize.”

Taijong is the place with most gangsters.

while riding a ubike i got taken out by a scooter and the bastard drove off. the most violent crash to the ground i ever had, and i’m an experienced enduro motorcyclist, which means i understand crashing. was scraped up pretty bad to my shoulder , arm , and leg .

How does it compare to Grenoble or Marseille?

Sources please…

Or it’s just an unfounded allegation.

The locals I talk to seem to agree Taichung has a lot of gangsters.

1 Like

Really? Have they got a certain look? Or blend in? I haven’t seen any imposing individuals, and I’m on the road a lot here in Taichung

I asked about that and was told the gangsters dress fairly normally. They would usually blend into a crowd.

1 Like

Gosh. People’s driving would suck, or they get into road rages. Never heard about it. Not in my entire X years on the island. News to me.

Thank Goodness I found this thread to hear about it.

1 Like

Honestly, Bob…what??

So does Kaohsiung…Tainan…