Anyone drive an electric scooter?

Perhaps once the lithium iron phosphate battery becomes more widespread, they’ll be not that much different from a gasoline-powered scooter in range and power. But yeah, you need a place to charge it.

There are plenty of dodgy-looking illegal power hook-ups down my street. I’m thinking when the noodle stand closes for night I can hook up to it. The removable battery is a good idea though.

Bumping this topic: Anyone have any information about the e-MO scooter?

emo.com.tw/

The site has no english, but apparently these are becoming popular in Europe, and the company that makes them is Taiwanese. I saw an ad for them in the MRT and did some googling, but details are light.

They seem to have a 45km range and a removeable (and from the looks of it, easily carry-able) battery that can be charged to 80% in 90 minutes.

[quote]According to E-Ton, the e-MO weighs only 50kg with the battery pack, has 14-inch aluminum front and rear wheels, cruises for about 40 to 45 km, and has a top speed of 45 kph, as well as two drive options: power for speedy ride and standard for normal riding.

The company says that the e-MO has a 48V DC brushless motor rated at 750 watts. The portable lithium-ion battery pack weighs only 5.6kg and can be 80% recharged from a 110V or 220V wall socket in 90 minutes to two hours, or fully recharged in 2.5 hours. The remaining power capacity is displayed on the LED instrument panel or battery pack.

E-Ton claims e-MO is targeted at female students, office workers, senior and eco-conscious people, as well as available in white, red, black, and green.

This maker plans to soon launch two more e-scooters: the EV3C and EV6C, as well as one or two new products every year. (QL) [/quote]