Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay

My Apple Pay (tied to my US cards) works at 7-11, Circle K, Hi-Life, HSR, Uber, Uber Eats, Food Panda, McDonald’s, all restaurants that accept cards, all stores in malls, all restaurants in food courts, all hotels that accept cards, and the Kaohsiung MRT.

It does NOT work at FamilyMart, PX-Mart, Carrefour, KFC, Pizza Hut, TRA app, Shopee, and public hospitals, which are not places I frequent. For these places, I still use Apple Pay, but I select my local bank card instead.

Here are the places that don’t accept Apple Pay AT ALL, but accept Line Pay: Kaohsiung Light Rail, KH Ferry, KH buses, most smaller independently owned street-side food and drink places.

And here are the places that don’t accept anything other than EasyCard/iPass Card: Taipei MRT, Taoyuan MRT, and my gym at the nearby university.

I skip the places that only accept cash. I’m not giving them any of my business. Unfortunately this includes Kaohsiung taxis, so I Uber instead.

5 Likes

it is my experience too with Google/Samsung pay tied to foreign cards or foreign cards in general at those establishments.

PX mart actually charges you a fee if you pay with credit card, but waives it if you pay via PX pay. grifters.

To whomever is interested, now also the Post office visa debit card works on Google pay.

3 Likes

Nice. Here is my post from 3 years ago about my journey to find a bank supporting Google Pay.

3 Likes

Do you get any international charges with them?

I’ve only used goshare attatched to my back home bank account, no extra charges. And uber eats / food panda… which i only used when i was stuck in a quarantine hotel.

No. Schwab debit card. No fees of any kind. Even third-party ATM fees are reimbursed to me.

1 Like