Filed for my APRC last week in Taoyuan and wanted to share my experience.
- Application form
- Previous year's tax record (yes, 1 year was all I needed though I brought more just in case.) This is the greenish/blue sheet that says "INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX STATEMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF CHINA" and has the official stamp. For some reason, it seems she kept the original and gave me back the copy. Not sure if that was a mistake.
- Taiwan criminal record report. (100 NT at the police department right near the NIA office, for Taoyuan at least. This will take a few days to get back so don't try to do it the same day you are applying.)
- Employment certificate/contract w/official stamp. (must be an original, not a copy, issued within the last month.)
- Most recent work permit (original for verification, they will keep the copy and give back the original.)
- Current passport and ARC (originals for verification, they will keep the copy and give back the originals.)
- 10,000 NT
- 1 recent passport-sized photo affixed to the application form
I suggest calling to make an appointment. Depending on the office, this might not be necessary, but at the Taoyuan office there is only 1 lady who handles this and she happened to be off the first time I went in to apply.
They will verify that within the past 5 years you never left the country for more than 3 months at 1 time. If you haven't, then you will not need a health examination certificate nor criminal record report from your home country.
I was told the process takes 1-2 months, so now I wait........