APRC Application Procedures (Official Checklist)

No. 15, Guangjhou St., Jhongjheng District, Taipei City 100-66, Taiwan, ROC

immigration.gov.tw/immig_eng … /main4.asp

Call for an appointment, since there is a specific officer in charge of processing APRCs.

[quote=“citizen k”]No. 15, Guangzhou St., Zhongzheng District, Taipei City 100-66, Taiwan, ROC

immigration.gov.tw/immig_eng … /main4.asp

Call for an appointment, since there is a specific officer in charge of processing APRCs.[/quote]

Thanks for the info.
I phoned the phone number, got passed around a few times, and finally got to talk to the right person.
He told me to just come in tomorrow(it’s too late now, they close at 5:00), no need for an appointment.
So that’s what I’ll do.

If your boss has claimed only 23,000 for your income over the past 5 years, would you go back to the tax office to adjust this and pay the difference or would that open up a whole new can of worms?

[quote=“bobbyanalog”]If your boss has claimed only 23,000 for your income over the past 5 years, would you go back to the tax office to adjust this and pay the difference or would that open up a whole new can of worms?[/quote]OMG! Don’t do that. Basically your boss has been a tax cheat over the past 5 years and you have also been a tax cheat over the past 5 years, too! Wait, Im assuming things. What I mean to say is this. If you are talking about you and your own personal situation and if your employer has paid you more than $23,000 per month over the past 5 years, but he’s only claimed $23,000 and you knew about it, then you are a tax cheat! Nobody in the tax office or immigration department will believe that you were unaware of what your employer was doing. For god sake, don’t do it! (if you’re talking about yourself) :no-no:

Just wanted to thank everybody in this and the other APRC threads about the valuable information provided. I’ve been told that my APRC will be sent to me next week.

I also want to mention that the staff at NIA in Fengyuan, Taichung County, has been very helpful and nice, too.

[quote=“rice_t”]Just wanted to thank everybody in this and the other APRC threads about the valuable information provided. I’ve been told that my APRC will be sent to me next week.

I also want to mention that the staff at NIA in Fengyuan, Taichung County, has been very helpful and nice, too.[/quote]
:bravo: Welcome to the club!

I’ve also found the people at the NIA in Taoyuan City very friendly and helpful, but I suppose it depends on where you go. I’ve heard that the officials at the Tainan and Miaoli branches aren’t very helpful… but that’s hearsay. :whistle:

[quote=“rice_t”]I’ve been told that my APRC will be sent to me next week.[/quote]Congratulations and welcome to the club! :bravo:

sono way to avoid having to show them 5 mil nt to get my aprc? is that correct? I can do it bu that will limit my business spending over the next year…

and with the 5 mil proof of funds, it would probably have to be in that account for a significant ammount of time? I’m sure they would notice a huge transfer from a business account to your checking account if it occurred not long before the aprc application…???

[quote=“bobbyanalog”]So, no way to avoid having to show them 5 mil nt to get my aprc? is that correct? I can do it bu that will limit my business spending over the next year…and with the 5 mil proof of funds, it would probably have to be in that account for a significant ammount of time? I’m sure they would notice a huge transfer from a business account to your checking account if it occurred not long before the aprc application…???[/quote]Showing $5 million in a bank account isn’t the only way to do it. That’s just one of the ways to show that you possess the adequate professional skills and assets to support yourself. You can show your assets through various means. For you, if you are the sole owner of your business and it is has a value of $5 million or more, that will work. You can also show a bank account with a certain balance for the past year, or you can show your annual income for the past three years, too. Here’s an excerpt from the APRC checklist. Read it and see which option would work best for you. :slight_smile:

I helped a friend apply for his APRC back in 2008 and we borrowed $5 million for one day from some people we know. We got the certificate of deposit, which is required and submitted it with the APRC application. Immigration wanted to see the bank book to see how long it had been in there. When they saw that they money had been transferred the day before, they tried to tell us that it was invalid and that the $5 million had to be in the bank for at least 3 months. We told the immigration officer that the money had been transferred from the US in order to pass the APRC requirements and that we would transfer it back to the US the next day. I demanded to see the relevant law that stipulated the 3 month requirement and they relented and let it pass because there is no such law. However, they are tightening things up a little at a time, so who knows what they will say today. Immigration officials like to make rules and “legislate from the bench” if you allow it.

Do they still have this requirement of having this insane amount of savings? I thought they had abolished this requirement.

I don’t exactly have NT$5 million (that’s over US$150,000!!!) lying around.

[quote=“Chris”]Do they still have this requirement of having this insane amount of savings? I thought they had abolished this requirement.

I don’t exactly have NT$5 million (that’s over US$150,000!!!) lying around.[/quote]Showing $5 million in a bank account isn’t the only way to show that you possess the adequate professional skills and assets to support yourself. You can show this through various ways. Here’s an excerpt from the APRC checklist. Read it and see which option would work best for you.

When I applied for my APRC I simply showed my annual income statements which proved that I made over 2x the basic wage for each of the three previous years before applying for it. Easy easy easy.

you mentioned that you can show them a certain bank balance if it has been consistent for a year…anyone know the magic number?..how much do you need sitting in your account for the last year to get past both the (2x local salary) and the (5millon ) rule?

also, i’ve been told that the degree I originally attached to my arc application years ago is no longer recognized in Taiwan…fortunately every year they have simply renewed my arc and have not looked into it…will this come up in the interview for the aprc? or will they probably do what they have done for the last 5 years, see that I’ve been with the same company and at the same address and overlook the rest?

[quote=“bobbyanalog”]you mentioned that you can show them a certain bank balance if it has been consistent for a year…anyone know the magic number?..how much do you need sitting in your account for the last year to get past both the (2x local salary) and the (5millon ) rule?[/quote]PLEASE READ EXERPT FROM THE APRC CHECKLIST BELOW. It’s option “C”. However, this option is ONLY for those who have a Taiwanese spouse.

…and about the degree that is no longer recognized?..is that something that will likely be a factor in me getting my aprc?..as I said, it hasn’t come up each year I renew…

[quote=“bobbyanalog”]…and about the degree that is no longer recognized?..is that something that will likely be a factor in me getting my aprc?..as I said, it hasn’t come up each year I renew…[/quote]When I applied for mine and one other friend’s, it was during the Foreign Affairs Police era and they didn’t want to see or make a copy of anything regarding my educational level, just my tax forms to show that I made at least 2x the basic wage and faithfully paid my taxes for the previous three years to applying for the APRC. Same for my friend’s who applied through the FAP. For two other friends, we applied after the new Immigration agency was in charge and they too didn’t want to see or make copies of anything regarding education. In fact, both of those friends haven’t gone to college and don’t possess a college diploma. Before getting their APRCs, one had a JFRV ARC and the other had an employment based ARC.

In conclusion, four APRC applications and subsequent approvals which I personally processed, didn’t require a college diploma.

However, what’s the policy now? What will the immigration officer that you get tell you at the time you apply? Who knows? Submit for it and see what happens. Be like Ted Kennedy. Drive off that bridge when you come to it!

“Hey, here is Taiwan, the most consistent things are the inconsistent things!”

bobbyanalog, read all the NIA literature about documents required to apply for an APRC. There is no mention of a degree. Your question is answered.

Chris, it needn’t be cash instruments only; it can be property, as well.

According to the latest NIA info from Oct you only need to show income tax statements for the past year.

immigration.gov.tw/immig_eng … .asp?id=10

Thanks, Mucha…