APRC Application Procedures (Official Checklist)

[quote=“Tempo Gain”]Latest detailed info on the NIA website here:

immigration.gov.tw/ct.asp?xI … 30085&mp=2

Updated 2013 though. Anything seem amiss?[/quote]

Yep, it is still the old version. Especially:

[quote].

A satisfactory health examination certificate.

Certificates of financial assets or special skills and talents.

Certificates of criminal record of the last 5 years issued by the government of the applicant’s home country and by the ROC.
[/quote]

No info related to if you haven’t stayed 3 months abroad then you do not have to present health certificate, nor amendments to amounts nor not necessary to present overseas certificate if 3 months etc. :no-no:

Must be applied for after 5 years + (at least) 1 day: that seems to be correct (happened to a friend of mine late last year in Taipei county Immigration Agency branch).

If you’ve been given 2 years working permits repeatedly, you could just one more after 4 years (2 + 2 + 2) and apply for permanent ARC right in the middle of your last 2 year permit period: after it’s been 5 years since you started to work. You don’t need to wait till the current permit expires.[/quote]
I didn’t explain my situation well. My first work permit was for a year and the next two were for 2 years. I am currently using a rep office for my work permit and it costs me quite a bit of money to renew it through my accountant. What I’m looking for is a work around so I don’t have to pay all of that money for a work permit that I’ll really only need for a day. I’ve seen that for white collar workers, you can quit your job and get an extension on the arc. I’m wondering if that could work? I “quit” my job and very shortly after apply for my aprc. Seems risky to me.

[quote=“Icon”]

Yep, it is still the old version. [/quote]

Hmm I have to be there today. I’ll see what I can scare up.

[quote=“Tempo Gain”][quote=“Icon”]

Yep, it is still the old version. [/quote]

Hmm I have to be there today. I’ll see what I can scare up.[/quote]

They usually have the forms on the information desk, the most updated ones, that is. Now, whether the English version would be the most updated is debatable but hopefully it is. At least the Chinese one should be.

Of course, normally the forms and graphics and procedures are clear as chocolate…

Yes there is 6 month extension on the ARC, but I’ve never heard of anyone using it for acquiring permanent ARC (on paper it seems it shouldn’t be a problem).

Wouldn’t be easier/safer to get 1 year ARC yourself (and then apply for permanent ARC two or three weeks later once you have a new ARC)? If you arrive at the right time, the wait isn’t long and it’s just 1000 TWD.

Yes there is 6 month extension on the ARC, but I’ve never heard of anyone using it for acquiring permanent ARC (on paper it seems it shouldn’t be a problem).

Wouldn’t be easier/safer to get 1 year ARC yourself (and then apply for permanent ARC two or three weeks later once you have a new ARC)? If you arrive at the right time, the wait isn’t long and it’s just 1000 TWD.[/quote]I always go to get my own arc- that’s easy. The problem is the work permit (which I need for the arc), which requires a lot of paperwork, time, and hassle because it is through my company. If it was as easy as paying 1,000 NT and going to renew my arc, I would have no problem. Basically, as things are, I would probably need to spend about 10k to get the new and final work permit and then spend another 10k for the aprc (theoretically the very next day). I’m trying to avoid the first step if I can.

[/quote]

I’ve been wondering the same thing as Cooperations - in everything I read, it says one of the required documents for applying for an APRC is a certificate of employment, which would imply you have to have a job at the time of application (and not on a visa extension received after you end a job). Cooperations, please keep us updated if you try this or get any more info from the NIA.

[/quote]

I’ve been wondering the same thing as Cooperations - in everything I read, it says one of the required documents for applying for an APRC is a certificate of employment, which would imply you have to have a job at the time of application (and not on a visa extension received after you end a job). Cooperations, please keep us updated if you try this or get any more info from the NIA.[/quote]
My understanding is that the certificate of employment is a contract. I’m not sure if I could, say 2 months before my arc expires, get a six month arc extension after quitting my job and go apply for an aprc after, say, three months, with just a contract in hand. I’m guessing they will say the new contract must be with a new work permit. I think I’m probably just going to have to spend even more money to stay on this rock.

Cooperations - you can get a 3 yr work permit and ARC if you have a 3 yr contract. It will cost an extra 1000NT but you won’t have to file all of the paperwork (work permit) again. 3 yrs is the max AFAIK.

Only 14.7 months left for me since I lost time served for my first Taiwan year (no ARC for 6 months).

[quote=“Cooperations”]
The problem is the work permit (which I need for the arc), which requires a lot of paperwork, time, and hassle because it is through my company. … Basically, as things are, I would probably need to spend about 10k to get the new and final work permit and then spend another 10k for the aprc (theoretically the very next day). I’m trying to avoid the first step if I can.[/quote]

Is something missing here? Your company charges your ‘about 10000 TWD’ for the work permit?! This is definitely not normal. For your reference, work permit renewal application is simple (8 checklist items) paperwork procedure (with ‘a proof of turnover (營業額)’ being the possible most troublesome) and its fee is 500 TWD. I even remember reading on forumosa about someone who’s has helped his/her company HR to get the paperwork together and and delivered the application.

[quote=“chubbypanda”][quote=“Cooperations”]
The problem is the work permit (which I need for the arc), which requires a lot of paperwork, time, and hassle because it is through my company. … Basically, as things are, I would probably need to spend about 10k to get the new and final work permit and then spend another 10k for the aprc (theoretically the very next day). I’m trying to avoid the first step if I can.[/quote]

Is something missing here? Your company charges your ‘about 10000 TWD’ for the work permit?! This is definitely not normal. For your reference, work permit renewal application is simple (8 checklist items) paperwork procedure (with ‘a proof of turnover (營業額)’ being the possible most troublesome) and its fee is 500 TWD. I even remember reading on forumosa about someone who’s has helped his/her company HR to get the paperwork together and and delivered the application.[/quote]
My company is literally my company…I own it. Because I own it, my work permit process is a lot more of a hassle and it’s costly to get this and that stamped. I could do it on my own, but my first attempt to do so was a complete failure, so I rely on my accountant to do it all, which costs money. That’s why I would like to avoid it if possible.

New thread with most recent updates here: APRC Application Checklist (part 2)

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: APRC Application Checklist (part 2)