Asian Rubik Cube Championship 2018 17-19 August

Don’t let this one be missed. The suspense is killing me (sarcasm).

Asian Rubik Cube Championship 2018 being held there form 17-19 August at Fubon International Conference Centre.

I might go. Will bring back memories for me.

Apparently it’s a legitimate international competition. I’ve heard of competitors and support teams (mom, dad, friends) coming from as far as India.

If curling and chess can have international competitions, I don’t see why rubix cubes can’t. :smiley:

Saw a kid Rubikking on the MRT the other day. He was solving over and over again in a matter of literally seconds. Scary stuff. He was like 12 years old.

Senior year in high school we had a freshman wonder kid join my section. Kid was as nerd as you can be, but a good kid at heart. In between takes, that average less than a minute long, he would be solving his cube…multiple times. We called him Rubix, very original.

The REALLY brings back memories for me. I was in the second annual competition in 1983. It was a bigger deal then and was on national TV (That’s Incredible show). I was one if six kids.

Coming up. Do they like have fans following them around? A little curious to drop in and check the crazy wild excitement, or silence.

Starts today. Wow, I don’t think I’ve ever completed a cube once in my life.