At least one fatality in late night attack at NTU campus

One dude was doused by acid and the other hacked by a knife, losing a limb and died…

Be safe out there.

The dead one is alleged to be the culprit (the acid attacker).

The situation is not clear yet but my god is it horrifying.

Acid like the drug or like acidic chemicals? I’m confused if it’s a guy on lsd going crazy or a guy using acid to attach.

It says “one dude was doused by acid” which sounds like a caustic substance attack in the OP. Gain refers to the “acid attacker”. And I’ll lay a lot of money on someone on LSD running around Taida attacking anything more than the flowers.

Oh I read dosed in acid.

1 Like

That would be “dosed on acid”.

The attacker knew the victim. The attacker was from NTUT and there was some sort of conflict between them, he threw acid on the victim (and some bystanders were also injured) and then slashed his own throat with a knife. So the acid attacker is dead and the acid victims are being treated now.

It’s extremely bizarre situation. I don’t really know what happened either.

It sounds like a John Carpenter movie, wtf…

Was the guy from NTUT (National Taipei University or Technology–i.e., Beikeda) or the neighboring NTUST (National Taiwan University of Science and Technology–i.e., Taikeda)?

Guy

Taikeda. It’s just next to Taida.

1 Like

The latest news is saying that it was some kind of lovers’ spat. Not sure if they were fighting over a girl, or if they were a couple themselves. It happened in front of the girls’ dormitory.

People can have many reasons to go crazy, but I really don’t get the part where he sliced his own throat…

If he couldn’t be with his lover, life just wasn’t worth living. I guess it was a “suicide of passion.”

My office mates were just talking about it. Seems they were a couple which had recently broken up. Apparently, the jilted party couldn’t take it.

He came prepared with two jugs of sulfuric acid, a knife, and a tazer. I’d say that’s really well planned. He even made sure he made a scene first, so the security would get the whole party into a security room, to make sure his targets won’t have enough room to dodge from his attacks.

That’s about the best thing he could do with it.

According to the dorm manager who got collaterally damaged last night, it was an ugly breakup between the guys …

Just awful. I can’t imagine what their families have to go through.

You have to one sick person to use acid. Basically you want to destroy the other person for life completely and cause the most pain without killing them.

Too bad he took his life quickly. I don’t know if there’s the same prison culture in taiwan but guys like this should rot in prison for life.

In an article I was just reading, an eyewitness described the two kneeling on the ground with smoke rising from their bodies from the burning acid. Pretty horrifying stuff.

Were they both Taiwanese? Acid attacks are more common in South Asia. So that’s a little surprising to me.