At least one fatality in late night attack at NTU campus

Let’s hope this doesn’t spark a trend of copycats.

Yes. Acid attacks happen here too on a pretty regular basis. But they do control the purchase of nitric and sulphuric acid a lot more tightly than they used to.

Wait so the breakup was being two men? It said they were at the women’s dorm but the attacker seemed to try to get a man and not the woman there. I’m confused on the details of what went down.

Or the UK. There’s been a lot in the past years. It’s extremely unnerving. According to official statistics there were more than 400 alone in London in 2016. It’s hard to believe that something so horrible would happen so often in a first world country.

And yes the victim and the attacker were a couple. It was an abusive, toxic relationship and the victim had filed a report on relationship violence, but he didn’t apply for a restraining order. According to the dorm manager who got collateral damage, the victim wanted a breakup but the culprit didn’t. It’s making me nauseous.

I think we need to establish an official category for violent attacks called Someone Did A Real Fucking Shit Job Of Raising Their Kid

1 Like

Ten thousand years in Confucian Purgatory for you, Rocky! :imp:

Cultural/linguistic questions:

1. Assuming the reports are accurate, does the assailant meet the definition of “psycho xiaojie”?
  2. Regardless of the above, is there a proper term for a male “psycho xiaojie”?
  3. How do you say PXJ in Mandarin and in Taiwanese?
3 Likes

Sad situation
Hope the victim is not badly hurt
A retraining order doesn’t work on those intending to kill

Was it worthy enough to make the TV or print news?

Top story at the TT website, for one.

Taipei times article says two guys. So looks like it was a gay couple.

Yes, top story on many local news stations with the terrible details.

Or are they fighting over a girl? It says breakup but not what really happened.

Gay couple.

the alleged perpetrator is suspected of having committed suicide after harming three people, one of whom is believed to be his former boyfriend. One of the men wanted to break up, but the other did not,” Ku told reporters. “[Hsieh] had told his mother about his sexual orientation. He did not dare to tell me and I did not want to ask,” Hsieh’s father, who visited his son in hospital, told reporters.

Seems like two guys to me. Though possibly there might have been a third involved.