Avid cyclist needs cheap hotel in Yilan for one night

Avid Canadian cyclist living / teaching in Longtan

I need a website that lists Cheap hotels in Yilan for an overnighter

Booking.com & expedia are just stupid - listing only client hotels, ie. expensive ones, or they think local means within 40k ie Taipei.

which kinda misses the point if you’re on a bike.

got some names for me?

PS on the east coast does the wind usually bow north to south?

Bander

You want to go to the train station area in any major town such as Jiaoxi, Yilan, Luodong, or Suao and look for cheap hotels there. The cheapest are usually called Lushe.
Most of these places don’t bother with the internet. hence no site.

Yes, the wind is north to south. The seasonal winds are from the northeast.

I recommend the northern cross from Longtan to Yilan. Maybe up the Luoma Rd. It’s cold and wet at this time of year. Dress accordingly.

[quote=“mathpro”]Avid Canadian cyclist living / teaching in Longtan

I need a website that lists Cheap hotels in Yilan for an overnighter

Booking.com & expedia are just stupid - listing only client hotels, ie. expensive ones, or they think local means within 40k ie Taipei.

which kinda misses the point if you’re on a bike.

got some names for me?

PS on the east coast does the wind usually bow north to south?

Bander[/quote]

I’ve got a name, but that’s it: “Joser Bike Hostel”.

You could try warmshowers.org/

I host cyclists in Kaohsiung every once in awhile and there are two hosts in Yilan. It’s a bit like couchsurfing but some of the hosts are hardcore cyclists that really know the area around them.

Are you prepared to stay in a temple for about $150 - dorm room style, awesome scenery?

I always stay there on my cycles down south. Call and reserve a spot

sanching.org.tw

03 951 5135

You can always look for a room on airbnb.com. Give it a try

Thanks to all who replied. I did find a hotel near the station in Jiaoxi, clean, $700 a night on my first ride over the hill.
The second time I did this loop, Longtan to Baleng to Yilan to Pinglin to Xindian to Yingge to Longtan, I kinda like it, I found a nice clean friendly hotel onDeyang Street, 德陽村, Jiaoxi, Taiwan for $700NT
It is a few steps from a nice hot spa for $100NT. What a wonderful feeling to lounge in a huge pool of natural hot springs water! After 9 hours in the saddle.
Restaurants abound close by so I had everything I wanted.