Baba Kevin's Barbecue

Howdy to all barbecue fans here in Taiwan! Maoman set up a great Happy Hour at Taipei Artists Village on Thursday. Thanks to everyone who came out to try our barbecue and jam with Dawid. I got plenty of feedback and met some great folks. We gotta to it again!

Baba Kevin’s Barbecue is an authentic American barbecue catering service based here in Taipei. You can also order from us online and have meals delivered frozen via courier to your home. It takes about two to three days to get your meals, but you’re welcome to call in for pick up at our central kitchen at 1F., No.14, Ln. 161, Jilin Rd., Zhongshan Dist. Taipei City 104. Now we don’t have eat-in facilities just yet because we wanted to make sure true American barbecue will be appreciated here in Taiwan. It’s looking good so far, and we plan on opening early next year. Until then, visit our site to see our menu and call in to order @ 02-2511-RIBS.

Thanks again to Anthony and Niall for a great BBQ happy hour!

88kbbq.com/

I wholeheartedly recommend this! Delicious ribs and chicken (yum!), mash and pasta salad at the HH BBQ! Baba Kevin’s Da Man! :bow:

We’re smokin’ at Baba Kevin’s Barbecue! Great news for all beef lovers. Due to popular request, we’ll be adding beef short ribs and beef brisket to our menu in early 2011. Yes, that’s real NAMP 123 and 120 for those that know.

Have a safe and Happy New Year and thanks to all for your support!

Kevin did the catering at an event for me a while ago. He’s an incredibly easy guy to work with, and the feedback from my 100+ guests was overwhelmingly positive. Calling Kevin was the best decision I made in the month. Thanks a lot, mate!

Many thanks for great review! It always feels good workin’ up good ‘q for a crowd. Meeting great folks and tippin’ mugs with ribs in hand–there’s no place I’d rather be. I’m glad you all enjoyed yourselves and hope to see you again soon.

Cheers!

I can’t even find enough adjectives to describe the great things about Kevin’s BBQ! I had been at the Speakeasy HH on the 14th but waited too long to get in line and the demand was too great that night. I did get a taste from a friend. It was delicious. I went to his website - 88kbbq.com - and ordered a freezer full of his various products.
It arrived as scheduled and I promptly had the wife unit prepare a huge plate of BBQ chicken and smashed spuds. I’m posting this having just gorged myself on a delicious lunch.
I heartily encourage you to try his food. Ordering was easy, payment done in cash at the door or, my preference a bank trx at 7-11, delivery was as stated and food far beyond my expectations.
Have a big bag of napkins close at hand. This stuff is awesome. Me - :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lick: Wife - :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lick: Daughter - :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :lick:

Warms my heart to know your whole family enjoyed our BBQ. That’s why I do what I do. You should be set for a few weeks with all the q’ you ordered, but there’s always more in case you just get that urge again.

And you’ll know in advance when the next event comes around, and I’ll be sure to save you a plate. Much thanks for your support and kind words. We’re only going to get better from here!

Ordered this past Tuesday, food came to my door Thursday. Payment was quick and easy, I chose to ATM transfer my payment instead of COD since I’d be at work, and Kevin called me in person minutes after to confirm my order and payment. The chicken and pork sapre ribs were delicous, with generous portions of tangy, rich barbecue sauce. The brownies are an added treat. Moist and chewy chocalate goodness just like in the US, not the cake-type concoctions you find locally. Looking forward to ordering again, once I get through the huge slab of tempting beef ribs still in my freezer!

Having gone to the Taiwanease barbecue this evening, we’d like to make a respectful suggestion to Baba Kevin: there is no such thing as a salad that consists of green lettuce and some salad-type veggies and cheese with doufu on top slathered in barbecue sauce. Or, if someone thinks there is, there should not be. It is truly awful.

I am still shaking my head in disbelief. We arrived late; when they said there was a salad left, I expected a proper salad, since this was billed as an American chef. Please do not serve this kind of “fusion” (if that’s what it is) without letting people know it’s going to be a very strange Taiwanese take on American food.

Thank you for your comments, Terry. I tried to appease the vegetarians this time and guess it didn’t go over too well. The taste testers really did like it or I wouldn’t have served it. After we sold out of macaroni salad it was the best I could do on the veggies for you. But if you paid extra for your salad, please let me know and I’ll take care of you at the next event. If vegetarians out there have any suggestions on what to serve at the next BBQ event, please do share. If you have any other suggestion, please do PM me or e-mail me. Thanks Terry!

Finally made it over to the restaurant, great food and a great price. I have to get over there more often

https://www.facebook.com/88kbbq/

1 Like

They opened a store in xinyi! I’ll be stopping by for sure

Whaaaat?! Where in Xinyi? I work there, this is gonna be DANGEROUS.

https://taiwanease.com/listing/5503/Baba_Kevins_Barbecue__Xinyi_Store

How’s the one on Minsheng?
Google Maps

I actually never made it out to the original store. It’s a bit far off my way. But xinyi I can do. And it seems the owner Kevin will be there for this week vs the original store.

Ooooh didn’t realize we had a BBQ place here. Anyone know what style this is? And has anyone gone to both Phils BBQ in San Diego (my favorite overrated BBQ place) and Baba Kevins, and if so, how do they compare?

American food tends to be done really poorly here so my expectations aren’t very high for any non Asian food but if this is even in the same ballpark (as Phils) then I will drag my uninitiated friends and family to feast upon the greatest cuisine ever devised on this green Earth.

What’s the connection? Are baba and Phil related or something?

1 Like

No connection, just was wondering how this place compares with a place I really liked back home, since I otherwise have no frame of reference. I’ll probably need to try this place out regardless, but was wondering if anyone had both and could talk about their impressions :).

Ahhhh. Are there a lot of people in Taiwan from the same area back home?