Baba Kevin's Barbecue

Well almost certainly there are definitely a lot of ppl from Southern California here, especially ABTs, so the chances are pretty high that someone has eaten at both and also visits this site!

Like six degrees of separation or something. Okay got it.

Where is this place do you have a Google map link? I might go check it out next time in SC.

Iā€™m excited to try it out. Iā€™ve been sick this whole week, hopefully Iā€™m feeling well enough to get some good BBQ to get all that nutritious meat in me.

I take it you havenā€™t been to Edā€™s Diner?

Or the Salt Lick if youā€™re in Hualien?

Iā€™ll definitely have to go check out Baba Kevinā€™s!

Thereā€™s also Mighty Quinnā€™s (one in Tianmu, one on the Renai Circle). I find their Spare Ribs dry but the Brontosaurus Rib is always great.

Not that I wonā€™t check out Baba Kevinā€™s. Donā€™t like the looks of that chili (thatā€™s probably just me), but everything else looks solid.

Baba Kevin here. I welcome everyone to come taste authentic American BBQ
for yourself. Our flavor profiles match traditional American mid-west BBQ,
that means no fusion, no Taiwan local flavors, and no gator (sorry
Florida)ā€“just true American goodness. We smoke with hickory, mesquite,
cherry, and oak.

Donā€™t forget our policy, 100% satisfaction guarantee. Something not to your
taste here, weā€™ll swap it out for something else. That means if you leave
unhappy itā€™s on you. FYI, portion sizes are local, just like our prices,
but if you want monster American-size portions, we can do that, too.

5 Likes

Fantastic. Really great brisket and links not just for Taiwanā€™s standards. Really enjoyed the whole meal. You mentioned there are bigger sizes? I ordered the large with 2 meats and 2 sides but I can probably eat much much more, is there a extra large option?

IMG_1767

3 Likes

Went back for more. Got the BPC portion! IMG_1769

1 Like

Youā€™ll be in a meat coma after eating that.

@88K Where is your Xinyi location? Hours?

https://taiwanease.com/listing/5503/Baba_Kevins_Barbecue__Xinyi_Store

1 Like

Isnā€™t that where Marquee used to be, next to the expensive teppanyaki place, right?

Not sure. I just went to their original so far.

Just to clarify, this isnā€™t a restaurant right? It looks like it does catering or you can buy some packages and heat them up at your place.

It is a restaurant now

1 Like

儽久äøč¦‹

Happy to see Kevin still here after so many years. It proves quality matters, and the cream rises to the top.

Brisket is beyond awesome, it is worth going for that alone. Other meats for me were a little dry but if you stir them up they are good. Pastrami is a fun one with mustard. Of course mac and cheese, slaw, candied jalapeƱo are good. Brownie is great.

All American platter of 4 meats and 4 sides is NT$800. Bargain for two, absolute steal for 3.

Delicious hoppy Cherry picked IPA from Redpoint is a must. Other craft beers are available on tap.

Taipeiā€™s Best BBQ - bar none.

8 Likes

Baba Kevin is the man. Strikes up a conversation whenever you visit even if heā€™s super busy. Plus, the BBQ is awesome. Visit there every time Iā€™m in Taipei. A+++

1 Like

EDIT: Never mind - the Xinyi restaurant is no longer Baba Kevinā€™s. But theyā€™re still at Minsheng!

1 Like

The Xinyi location closed? Was just there two months ago and it was full of customers. Wonder what happened.

I still havenā€™t been there. I really need to give the restaurant a try soon.