Badminton anyone?

English guy looking for a badminton club or partner to play at least once a week, weekday evenings preferred.
Live in Hsin dien but travel through Taipei city to work so I am willing to play anywhere (within reason).
Play to a reasonably good standard and am looking for a good workout (no time wasters, please!). Haven’t got a clue where we could play though (any suggestions would be much appreciated). I speak decent Chinese so booking a place shouldn’t be too difficult.

Please email me at:
rhazeldine@hotmail.com

My friend and I would love to play badminton in Taipei somewhere with you! We were part of a badminton club in Canada and play regularly. It was great, with professional floors and green walls and ceilings. Do you play with feather or plastic?
We’ll be in Taipei at the end of November and will also be looking for a place to play near Taipei main station. Thinking about the YMCA, any other suggestions? :rainbow:

I prefer plastic as feathers get damaged too easily, but I would be willing to forsake my preferences for a decent game. I didn’t know that the Y had courts, but if they do then I will find out about booking them. Email me when you arrive in Taipei and we can try and work something out.

Ok, our plane has landed. We brought our rackets and are ready to kill some birds. We are living right near taipei main station. If there is any place to play there or even near any MRT station if fine. Anywhere to play? It is my understanding that most people play with feather here. At the moment, we are free any time after Sunday, except for next Wednesday.

My office mates just told me they went to play last Tuesday behind Mackay Hospital. I believe there’s a gym a few blocks behind there - MRT stop: Shuanlien

On Nanjing E Road, just east of the Dun Hua intersection, is the campus of the Physical Education College. If you get off the MRT at Nanjing FuHsing, and take a Nanjing bus 2 stops heading east, you’ll be nearest to the gym where they also rent out courts by the hour.

Up on Minsheng E Road and San Min Road is a circle. On the Northwast corner of that circle is a supermarket in the basement of a building. I think this is the same buildng where, if you take the elevator up (I forget the floor) there are also badminton courts that you rent by the hour.

Like much of Taipei, space is a premium - so expect to see all the courts being used, with 4 people to a court.

No MRT up at that part of town. You take the MRT to Chungshan Middle School, then walk back to Minsheng East Road. Jump the buses around there heading east - 4 to 5 small stops to San Min Road

By the way, on the Northeast corner of the San Min / Minsheng circle is a community of apartments, in which there are squash court facilities. I know this is not anywhere near the same thing, but my search for squash courts once upon a time is what led me to find the badminton courts

Finally, there are several Badminton societies here and at least one has a website. Look for information about them posted at the school courts I described above.

If you’re by Taipei Main, head West until you hit the river wall, and find a door through or stairs going over. Taipei’s riverside parks are full of uncrowded sports facilities - badminton, basketball, baseball, soccer, croquet, rugby, tennis, roller hockey, squash - I’ve seen courts and fields for all these.

Another option would be to get the bus to Youth Park. See if 12, 532, 630, 223, or 205 go ear you. These all stop at Youth Park. I always see people playing badminton there.

Brian

Thanks for the advice Brian :rainbow: but serious badminton players usually prefer an indoor court, without wind (especially on a day like tomorrow :loco: ) and tall dark coloured ceilings and if you are really lucky, a dark coloured rubber floor with only badminton grids (so you can tell if the other team is calling all the close calls out. :fume: Hahaha. [What do you mean it’s out, you #@#%^%%. :smiling_imp: hahaha.]).
Indignantly: I am not a sore loser. I just need anger management classes. :help:
I guess beggars can’t be choosers though, but ideally, I’ve just described my previous badminton club.

hey guys, how about kaohsiung?

does anybody know of a real indoor court to play in on this end of the island?

my racket hasn’t come out of it’s bag since the day i arrived in taiwan for work, a month ago.

hey guys, how about kaohsiung?

does anybody know of a real indoor court to play in on this end of the island?

my racket hasn’t come out of it’s bag since the day i arrived in taiwan for work, a month ago.

Badminton = Taiwanese foreplay

I like to play Badminton, and I live in Xindian, but I just play for fun. I’d be interested in just getting out and playing somewhere, but I’m not really up for playing with people who take it really seriously.

Are there Badminton CLUBS around? It gets tiring playing with the same people all the time.
Thanks!

Deleted

I play with a club at a community center near the river by Xindian MRT station on Monday nights. They’re all better than me, and take it more seriously than I do. I tend to waste other people’s time because I’m just having fun. Nobody there really speaks English.

Play Badminton in Taipei

slsc-taipei.org/en/p4.html

Days: Wed,Fri,Sat
Time: 20~22
Shuttlecock included

If anyone wants to come
Please contact me through line: ken.ku.10

Fee:
200/2hr for playing
230/2hr for training

Come to Shi-Lin 士林
slsc-taipei.org/en/p4.html