Bands, Singers, and Musicians Needed

I am not in taiwan yet. i’ll be arriving on the 2nd of august. I won’t have any drums with me, but all you really need are brushes and a snare to practice. we’ll talk soon.
Mike

I’ll be arriving in Taipei August 23rd. I’m a classically trained singer, but I played around a few years ago with some friends who were jazz musicians, and I would love to get back into it. Just for kicks or to play a few gigs, I just want to keep learning.

I just moved here about 2 weeks ago and I’d like to find a bass player to do some gigs. Preferably, upright bass. I play guitar.

I am a drummer and singer with three CDs published, and I’m also a teacher lving here in Taipei. I’m seeking a guitarist who can play a Blues slide guitar because I’m in the process of promoting my latest CD that has alot of accoustic guitar. If you can do this, or know someone that does, let me know by posting. I’m Ed, and if you are thinking about setting up some Jazz gigs I can do it.
Thanks

I am a drummer and singer with three CDs published, and I’m also a teacher lving here in Taipei. I’m seeking a guitarist who can play a Blues slide guitar because I’m in the process of promoting my latest CD that has alot of accoustic guitar. If you can do this, or know someone that does, let me know by posting. I’m Ed, and if you are thinking about setting up some Jazz gigs I can do it.
Thanks

Hi Ed,
I used to play a lot of slide guitar and lap steel as well. Still can I guess. I focus on playing jazz, though.
I can most likely do it. I’d have to hear it first. Where you from?
Mike

Please help. We need musicians to play live music at our wedding on 09/26 - Sunday. If you play Saxophone, Violin, Flute and Clarinet please contact us to settle to deal. Thank you.

Theschnocks@yahoo.com

I would like to sing with a band. I need a lot of fine tuning but can learn and adapt quickly.

Are there any amateur bands that play for fun (no pay) out there that needs a singer?

I only sing in the shower and at KTV so I need a lot of practice but I love to sing oldies and pop.

Thank you,

[quote=“914”]I would like to sing with a band. I need a lot of fine tuning but can learn and adapt quickly.

Are there any amateur bands that play for fun (no pay) out there that needs a singer?

I only sing in the shower and at KTV so I need a lot of practice but I love to sing oldies and pop.

Thank you,
914[/quote]
Yeah, I’m afraid I’m going to need to see and hear you in the shower before I can decide to let you in my band or not… :howyoudoin:

Have you thought about wrestling? :wink:

This is a serious question, Maoman and Steeevieboy!

Maoman: I’ll give you my shower demo
Steeevieboy: I do wrestle. With my cats.

Can’t say about bands, but you might want to have a look through the archives about the possible consequences of being caught doing music without a specific visa for that activity…you can decide for yourself whether the risks are applicable to your particular situation and, if so, whether it’s worth it or whether the risks are large where you are.

i’m a drummer who wants to hook up… just get in touch. rock, pop, punk, whatever

You looking for a band, or just places to hang out and listen to some cool music?

play… join a band

[quote=“Maoman”][quote=“914”]I would like to sing with a band. I need a lot of fine tuning but can learn and adapt quickly.

Thank you,
914[/quote]
Yeah, I’m afraid I’m going to need to see and hear you in the shower before I can decide to let you in my band or not… :howyoudoin:[/quote]Why would you want to watch a big built-like-a-brick-house tattooed truck driver in the shower ? :neutral:

Yeah, I’m afraid I’m going to need to see and hear you in the shower before I can decide to let you in my band or not… :howyoudoin:[/quote]Why would you want to watch a big built-like-a-brick-house tattooed truck driver in the shower ? :neutral:[/quote]
Different strokes… :stuck_out_tongue:

ARGH WHY’D YOU HAVE TO SAY ‘STROKES’ now I need to go scrub my brain with steel wool

If you want to meet up with or contact other band members you could try djtaiwan.org … they have extensive band listings and a free public notice board… (did i mention the calendar?)

Hey everyone, i know this is a looooooooong shot (kaohsiung seems to have the shittiest music scene in taiwan), but are any of you/your friends/colleagues interested in jamming with me? I’m a drummer with around 6 years playing experience, been in a few bands before, recorded some stuff, gigged etc. I have an electric drumkit which makes jamming any time possible (no pissing off neighbours). I’ve been here for a year and have yet to met someone who is as into alternative/grunge/punk/metal music as I am. Anyway, I’m REALLY craving just jamming with other musicians. I’d really dig to have a part-time band, just for fun, maybe jam a gig every once in a while. I’d be willing to play with anyone interested in rock, covers or originals. So, if you’re in kaohsiung (or know anyone who is…please help me!!), and have a guitar + distortion pedal (er, no hippy music thanks) or a bass guitar, or you reckon you could belt out some vocals… PLEASE PM me!!! Thanks…