Barcelona terrorist attack

Sure, but mainstream Islam doesn’t teach that it’s up to the individual to read it metaphorically. The Qur’an is the direct word of God written in Arabic by the prophet Mohammed. It hasn’t changed one iota since it’s inception. Muslims are taught that they must follow everything literally and avoid interpretations. The Salafi/Wahhabi are not really fundamentalists, rather than literalists. What we call moderate Muslims or liberal Muslim are those that reject teachings of the Qur’an or tailor them for modern life.

Im not talking about the cool funky sects like the Sufis.

But yeah, agree that people can justify anything with religion. The Qur’an is not a very nice book to start with though. It’s all online and really short and recommend anyone to read it in a spare afternoon.

1 Like

Yeah, spent my summers with family in Sarajevo. My aunt and her family was Muslim. Some pious, others not. Most drank alcohol and ate ham sandwiches. But comparing the Muslims of SE Europe to those of the Middle East, is a bit like comparing FLDS to the Mormons of Kansas City.

1 Like

Ive been to the Albanian parts of the Montenegro, there are pubs and bars on every corner.

1 Like

Agreed – even in Saudi there were huge differences. Some wealthy, liberal Hejazis I met had only been to the Najd (Riyadh) once or twice in their lives—hating the place.

1 Like

So a stabbing incident happened in Turku, Finland. One is confirmed to be dead. Rumor has it that there was ideological link.

I thought Finland was at the BOTTOM of the list in terms of risk of terrorism. Unbelievable. I guess it could happen here as well now.

There isnt a list. Its everywhere.

1 Like

Ok maybe not a list, but there’s a map.

1 Like

How did Serbia end up moderate? Ah well, Taiwan is solid green. Home Sweet Home!

I get terrorized by scooters here every day.

3 Likes

Impossible. Scooter drivers are fine people, and I am sure there is guilt on both sides!

1 Like

Oh look Poland, it’s green! I WONDER WHY

1 Like

I noticed Hungary is green too, likely for the same reasons.

The UK is only medium risk? That makes me a little skeptical about their methodology.

There’s no possible explanation! One of those mysteries that mankind will never unravel.

Maybe Scotland lowers the average? I guess Britain should be glowing red.

#notalldrivers

#driverswelcome

1 Like

Quran (2:191-193) - “And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing… but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun(the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)”

1 Like

The Quran isn’t true Islam, though.

(Not kidding, I’ve heard that argument when mentioning lines from that book)

1 Like

There’s literally no terrorist attacks or severe public attacks at all in Taiwan (except for one guy who slaughtered people on the MRT few years ago), and people from/in the West still call Taiwan a third world country?

It must be related to the oppression to the Catalan people and their referendum for sure.

1 Like