Barcelona terrorist attack

If they lived they could have stuck them in a dark hole for 50 years. They unfortunately plan on dying during the attacks and not living with the consequences.
Anyway well done that cop.

1 Like

Hard to make sense of this map unless it focuses disproportionately on Islamic terrorism. Which is biased. Not all terrorists are Muslims. What of Marxist and drug gang terror?

What’s needed is an “or else” clause. I never tell a lowlife who is causing me trouble to sort his own problems out and just leave it at that. I tell him to knock his shit off right now or I’m calling the cops on him. Sometimes that works. Sometimes the cops haul him off. Either one of these outcomes is good enough for me.

Sadly, Team America was gutted by Il Douche, and we’re without a world police for the time being.

Statism! :no_no: Why should my tax money take care of your poor decisions about which streets to walk down? Free policing for people too lazy to take care of themselves! :rant:

[sarcasm]

That’s how th9ng should be, but I wouldn’t be surprised to find some comments on facebook, Twitter etc portraying him in some weird way

I’m sure if this sort of map existed back in the 80s, Ireland would be black.

I’m all for dealing with things myself if the cops aren’t efficient enough. But I’ve already paid taxes for them, so may as well. Besides, they’re not completely useless for the small nuisances.

And who should that world police be? The US? No, thank you.

Again, far too complicated for a simple solution. Unless you go all Sledgehammer on the whole thing and take out entire cities to get one person. Then you are fliritng with the G word.

Guava?

Sure, keep on taking those handouts until the government runs out of other people’s money… :whistle:

I’m really sad to see and it hits home to see that one of the places that I had some of the fondest and somewhat foggy memories in was terrorized. Seemed like yesterday that I was bar hopping and clubbing in Barcelona and in the la ramblas area.

Dude, I’m a taxpayer. That’s my effin’ money.

You pay the officer’s whole salary and all the overheads, plus the cost of all the other services you don’t complain about? Awesome. :slight_smile:

But doesn’t that make you the opposite of the Don?

The IRS is still a sore point on the right, in theory the government shouldn’t weaponize the IRS, or the DOJ for that matter, or the FBI or the CIA or …

In practice, any sufficiently large organization WILL be weaponized.

Technically it is not. Once its out of your possession, it becomes the people’s money.
When your boss gives you your pay, it is no longer the bosses money, is it? Taxes are the same thing. They will refund your payment. But, they are not giving you your money back. They are giving you the people’s money, that becomes your money when the transaction is complete.

This is cute about taxes, at least in the US. If I do not pay my taxes, then someone else has to pay what I am not paying.

All that money that 45 claims to not have paid in taxes, had to made up somehow. Those shiny new F-35s are not free! Someone has to feed and clothe the military. Someone has to pay the salary of government workers. Funny that 45 has access to a military he didn’t pay for. If you live in the US, you had to pay for his not paying taxes. Even the men and women of the US armed forces had to pay taxes because DT didn’t pay his.

I don’t think you grasp the notion of value exchange.

The whole point of paying is to get something of value in return. Absent that, it’s just plain confiscation. And that’s theft. Which would make it my money by right.

So, you are saying the military is a waste of money? Air safety, national highways, police and fire services? All a waste?

If they fail to do their jobs effectively, then they’re a waste. Is this really so hard to understand?