basic question before purchasing a car

Hi there,
i was just wondering how much you need to pay first hand when you decide to purchase a brand new car.
i mean, what is the average range amount for the first payment? 30/40/50/60% of total value?
i know that it depend from the car dealership, but any idea/ suggestion will be much appreciated

thanks

I am not sure that I understand your question. When you buy a new car, you pay 100%.

If you don’t have money, then you need to get a loan from somewhere. You then negotiate your payment structure with that company. Car dealerships sometimes have loan companies inside the dealership with who you negotiate a loan payment structure.

Every loan company inside a dealership would be slightly different depending on how much they want to sell the car and how good your credit rating is. It is the same as borrowing money from a bank.

I think it could be challenging to get a car loan as a foreigner without a Taiwanese co-signer. A few years ago, my previous company contacted the Toyota dealership for me and said the finance company would approve a 1 year loan with a 50% down-payment without a co-signer. I decided to save my coins and buy a second hand car without any loan. I bet others on this board have different experiences.

thanks Aikaili,
was just wandering how much we need to pay for the first down payment.
loan isnt an issue- absolutely not-

thanks tango.
i,ve got your point.
personally, from a certain amount, i never ever pay 100% ( even having the money in the bank) - prefer this way
i know that all car dealerships offer a variety of loan-
the question basically was, how much (in %) for the first payment-
i have been asking to colleagues at work, and the answer varies from 20% to 60% -
so i got back to forumosa, as the response here are far more real ( based on experience) :grin:

It’ll depend on the creditor, but to give you a general idea: it’s possible to get an interest-free loan if you put down 50%. The bare minimum would be 10% for a regular loan (generally with a decent interest rate). For a new car, you’ll also need to pay tax and insurance upfront totaling about $29,000 to $35,000 (depending on the size of the engine).

I don’t know about the ins and outs of why it was possible, but I got a car loan without a co-signer.

thanks gaboman-
that is all what i wanted to know.
interest free loan if i put the 50%
and a minimum of 10% with interest rate.
appreciate it.
cheers