Basketball Coach/Tutor in Tianmu?

I am looking for a basketball coach for a kindergartener. Do you have any thoughts on pricing and where I could find a tutor-coach?

I enrolled my 5 year old in a weekend basketball camp so he can spend more time with his pre-school buddies. We consider it very fortunate that a group has formed into an almost regular playgroup. It started out with weekly swimming classes 2 years ago, and now the group has been able to do a range of things together a few times a month, even though they have all moved on to different schools.

One of these things is basketball. However, my son was the last to enroll and it is pretty obvious the other kids have been doing this for far longer. They can handle the ball with confidence and shoot it with strength. Given how small they all are, I was surprised and impressed.

My kid has a way to go. He has put on a brave face, but it’s obvious the skills gap is frustrating for him. I am looking for a coach who might work on the very basics with him for an hour in the afternoon at playground near my place in Tianmu - maybe once or twice a week for a month.

Dribbling and arm strength or jump shot mechanics seem to be the priorities. At the workshop, 85% of the time is spent on drills, which are framed as games and challenges. It’s kinda fun to watch. Only at the very end of the session is a pick up game organized, but that clearly isn’t the main point of the workshop for small kids, which is cool with me.

Paging @Andrew0409

1 Like

Hey, i’ll PM you tonight. I just have some questions, and see i’m a good fit. Or else I can refer you to other coaches.

1 Like

PM sent.

1 Like