Beer Alert & Directory IV

I just picked up a case of Valentins Weißbier (a German wheat beer) at the Zhonghe Costco. I think it was 799NT for 20 x 500ml bottles. It went fantastic with hamburgers and steak last night. By far the best beer value I’ve ever found in Taiwan.

Now in stock at 7-Eleven: Samuel Adams Boston Lager. NT$59 a bottle.

That’s a fine ale. i thought it had been taken off the shelves. Are they being sold in all 7 - 11s, or just some selected ones?

Couldn’t say. I just saw it in my local one this lunchtime.

I’ll have to swing by the gentleman’s lounge later. They should have them.

Family Mart seem to be offering two 500ml cans of the silver Asahi Super Dry for 99NTD. Rather good value, IMO.

Sorry to be pedantic, but, its a LAGER, not an ALE.

I’ve been getting the Old Speckled Hen draught cans from Jason’s and City Super. It’s an excellent ale.

If you like that, you may want to try Abbott’s ale and London Pride, if they have it. The Abott’s may come in cans, the Pride more likely in bottles. Carnegies has both and they are both fine brews, imho, as of cours is Old Speckled Hen.

Anyone ever seen Sierra Nevada??? Also I am the only one in Taiwan in possession of a case of PBR!!!

Sierra Nevada can be found in Hong Kong, but not in Taiwan. :frowning:

Any decent IPA to be had that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg???

Taipei Artist Village has Belhaven IPA at NT$220 for a big bottle.

I picked up a case of Kirkland brand “Homecrafted Beer” at the Zhonghe Costco last night for 899NT. Six bottles of pale ale, amber ale, German lager, and Hefeweizen each. The label says that it was brewed in a Gordon Biersch in San Jose. Haven’t had a chance to try any of them yet.

[quote=“Taffy”]Now in stock at 7-Eleven: Samuel Adams Boston Lager. NT$59 a bottle.

[/quote]

7-Eleven was wicked smaht gettin Sam Adams in there. Lookin fahward to a right pissah next weekend.

It’d be wicked cool if my favorite Boston tavern would move to my neighborhood in Da’an…

Taipei Artist Village has Belhaven IPA at NT$220 for a big bottle.[/quote]And if you want to drink it at home, it’s NT$135-ish at Jason’s. At least the Jason’s at the shopping centre under the bus station next to Taipei Main station.

It’d be wicked cool if my favorite Boston tavern would move to my neighborhood in Da’an…[/quote]
I saw the Smuttynose IPA listed on your favorite Boston tavern’s linked website. Have you quaffed that?

Great New Hampshire suds. It really hits the spot in a raw bar on the beach. My only complaint: I wish they’d drop the ABV by a point or so. As it is a six sucked down Friday-happy-hour style tends to overly kick my ass at the listed 6.6%. It’s VERY tasty, bordering on too tasty IMO.

Not yet! But, several people have told me good things about that brew! Its on my list!

[quote=“alidarbac”]I picked up a case of Kirkland brand “Homecrafted Beer” at the Zhonghe Costco last night for 899NT. Six bottles of pale ale, amber ale, German lager, and Hefeweizen each. The label says that it was brewed in a Gordon Biersch in San Jose. Haven’t had a chance to try any of them yet.[/quoteI ]

How was that? Worth picking up?