Beer Alert & Directory IV

Water :potable_water:

1 Like

Family Mart. 59 NT. Iā€™ll be trying this with tacos in a lettuce shell tonight- sticking with my low carb meal with some high carb goodness routine.

P_20171208_152217_vHDR_Auto

1 Like

Beer, dietā€™s bane.

1 Like

No matter how well it started out, beer thatā€™s been sitting on the shelf at room temperature for months is almost as skanky as milk thatā€™s been sitting on the shelf at room temperature for months.

I spend a lot of time every year in Portland, Oregon and craft beers there kept cold fresh from the brewery have spoiled me for life. Now the only beer I can stomach in Asia is beer fresh from the Asahi or Sapporo breweries in Hokkaido.

I notice I am a bit heavier today than yesterday. But it was worth it!

So how was it?

I donā€™t know. They didnā€™t have those at the FamilyMart by my house. Ended up settling on 18 days. Will buy the Suntory brews soon.

Itā€™s winter, I donā€™t do beer in winter, but this thread made me pick up a six pack down at safeway.

little coronitas six pack for 6.99

According to a Belgian brew technology professor, 30% of all pilseners have a defect.

Drinking it now. Very good. It has a bit of that Hoegaarden coriander and clove taste, but just a hint. Definitely a nice change from what Iā€™ve been drinking lately.
P_20171209_172017_vHDR_Auto

2 Likes

I agree itā€™s not always the best choice, but I start craving beer again after a couple of weeks or so of other alcohol.

1 Like

Summer: Blond, golden, white beers
Winter: heavy, dark beers, amber.

2 Likes

Cold weather beer: spiced gluhbeer!

Hmm I was going to make the minor trek to the S-Mart, but maybe Iā€™ll just stop at Family. Decisions

Dang. I may have to leave the house now.

The zen of beer is that beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. I like to visit craft breweries and have been surprised at the number of brewers who have never heard this. They achieve instant enlightenment on hearing it though.

Went with S-Mart. The Cerise de Saint-Omer Cherry beer was a nice palate cleanser. On to the Abbaye Du Lys Triple. Seems okay

Was actually quite drinkable, light and clear, a bit of yeasty flavor. On to the la Divine St. Landelin. Mmm. More of a kick

Bit heavy though. Having some more Tripleā€“might go get some more tomorrow.