Beer Alert & Directory IV

Is that Le Chouffe Christmas ale on the end?!

I see you have Silent Night. Very good. A waitress messed up my order years ago and gave this beer to me. I couldnā€™t return it because the bottle cap was already removed. It was the best mistake ever made.

No, itā€™s the Nā€™Ice Chouffe, but you could call it Christmas Chouffe if you like. :wink:

1 Like

Speaking of seasonal beers, I bought an Erdinger Octoberfest from Carrefour a few weeks ago because of the cool label. However, it wasnā€™t a judge a book by itā€™s cover moment. I do like all of Erdinger beers that Iā€™ve tried. Iā€™m hoping to keep it that way.

Anyone had it before?

I like!

I will never go to the Zhangmen in Taipei Yongkang street again. Itā€™s been on my list so I drove there with 3 other people after a orchestra performance at Chiang Kai-shek Hall and some waitress spoke maybe the worst Iā€™ve heard in recent memory. I have no idea how someone can speak like that.

One moment Iā€™m mingling in the VIP 4th floor CKS with a 7 time Grammy Award winner, then Iā€™m walking into this bar with a disgustingly rude waitress. I can only guess that somebody made her mad before me and then the next customer walking in the door was the one she bitched at. Or maybe I look like her ex-boyfriend.

I told my three friends parking the car donā€™t come in, Iā€™ll drink my beer and will leave and we will go somewhere else. Finished the beer quickly and left.

I would not even complain if I had been drinking but I was at an orchestra performance and not drinking before walking in.

And Iā€™m conflicted, because they have more Taiwan Craft Beers than anyplace Iā€™ve ever seen. At least 20, maybe a lot more.

What I always say go for the place not always the people

She may be gone next time you are there

Thereā€™sā€¦2 (I think 3?) other locations in the city.

My favorite is the one on top of Breeze Song Gao. You get an awesome view of 101 up there since theyā€™re on the top floor. Perfect for summer and early fall evenings.

Employees are nice too.

Announcement:

We have a beer for any mood. Good mood, bad mood ā€¦ 120 of them.

The mood beer at the moment is ā€˜Christmas beerā€™. :christmas_tree::beer:

How about ā€œthrow it to me on my couchā€ mood?

Are you a ā€˜catcherā€™? Bring your gear!

softball-quotes-catcher-quotes-softball

beer-pitcher-go-b_1

1 Like

My mood is vague existential angst with a touch of lingering resentment. Whaddya got?

3 Likes

Cuvee Delphine

Cuvee Delphine

1 Like

I guessed Schlitz.

1 Like

Wafflestopā€™s suggestion sounds betterā€¦more alcohol.

1 Like

If you happen to be stuck waiting for a flight at Taoyuan airport, I suggest heading over to the new Sunmai bar in Terminal 1. The prices are reasonable (at least compared to NT$100 orange juice) and the beer is a welcome relief from the usual fare. Donā€™t know of many airports in Asia that feature a craft beer bar.

4 Likes

Thanks.! :beers::beers::beers:. Terminal 1 goes right or left after passing immigration when departing Taiwan. Or is it landside?

Itā€™s near Gate B7. Since Terminals 1 & 2 are connected (after going through immigration), you can get there no matter what flight you are taking. Depending on your gate, it could be a bit of a hike though.

1 Like

Cool there is also a Espressamente Illy Coffee Shop near B7. Also walkable from terminal 2.

Purchased at SimplyMart. One of my favorites from there. Great with pizza.

2 Likes