Beer Alert & Directory IV

Jackpot!

Usually not a good idea to take craft beer close to 0C, but MLYP shines around that temperature. Great summer beer and a great beer with food, especially pizza. Lucky you.

Jesus. I am now literally drooling at the memory of the condensation on a can of MLYP.

I gotta try the Bloom IPA then. I love Smuttynose beers.

Maybe itā€™s you avatar, but I read MLP. :grin:

No no no, bojack from Netflix!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbrJPOw1g9A

1 Like

Shore Breaks are nice. Light

1 Like

Still havenā€™t tried the Triples.

Bullshit beer at 7/11.

ā€œThe beer have scent of mellow wheat and Airy tasteā€

ā€œIt has been made in Japan unique technologyā€

Havenā€™t taken the time to read the Chinese or figure out if itā€™s really made in Japan or not.

Tastes like lightly salted water.

20180131_120535

20180131_120629

I kind of like the can, and who can argue with ā€œmellow wheatā€? OK, you talked me into trying it!

Love the tagline they went with because they couldnā€™t afford to hire a native English speaker but still wanted to print some cool English words. haha ā€œIt has been made in Japan unique technologyā€ Maybe we can write them to update their tagline? Now, Iā€™m wondering what the unique technology isā€¦

iBeer? I checked, made in China. Misleading Chinglish.

The bad English is what makes the tagline effective. The worse the English, the more authentic the Japanese flavor.

Yes, iBeer. I thought China would be better at the English unless they have someone from Taiwan handling the Taiwan labeling.

Finally got around to the Triples. Not bad at all. And at 8.5%, this should be interesting. Sale now at SimpleMart.

P_20180131_184755_vHDR_Auto

4 Likes

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen a beer company anywhere in the world use this type of label advertising.

20180201_231037

When your beer is lame, and there are more and more better options available every day, you have to resort to creative advertising to stay relevant. Taiwan Beer had a monopoly for way to long, and now itā€™s starting to pay the price.

At a 7-11 in Hualien. Very nice Japanese brew.
P_20180212_204622_vHDR_Auto

edit: Ended up getting this too. My son sure knows how to catch his dad in a good mood.
P_20180212_205709_vHDR_Auto

1 Like

Donā€™t lie, the beer was for your son and the Nerf gun for yourself.

1 Like

Drinking and light beam targeting donā€™t mix!

1 Like

Working on some Beer Leo now.

My hand and eye coordination seems fine after a couple.